Windows 10: How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

Discus and support How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jowi2525, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Jowi2525 Win User

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties.
    Then the instructions say "click Settings or Advanced Settings."
    Unfortunately, on the Lenovo Ideapad L340 there is no Settings or Advanced Settings to click on in the Mouse Settings Dialog box.
    I have seen lots of suggestions that involve clicking on the tab to the right of the Hardware tab on the Mouse Properties dialog box, but there is no tap to the right of the Hardware tab.
    I am open to registry editing also.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Touchpad Settings in Windows 10, 8, 7 - IdeaPad - US

:)

Jowi2525, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Disabling Windows 10 Touchpad Gestures/Swipes

Hello Neil,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to disable the track pad gestures in Windows.

Please be informed that this feature to interact with Windows is an inbuilt feature and depends on the brand and model of touchpad. So, it is not possible to disable the gesture feature of the touchpad you are referring to.

However, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 8, 2019
  4. How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

Touchpad gestures

Hello, Does your touchpad work except for gestures ?

I suggest you install the touchpad driver from your PC manufacturer.

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

1. How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad - Similar Threads - disable gestures Ideapad

2. touchpad gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad gestures not working: HP dv6-2150US, W10 home 1903-18362.239, Synaptic 19.5.10.79 date 4/16.19 touchpad gestures are not working (specifically scroll).They are configured under Mouse. I updated driver from a 2015 version. no joy After a while I noticed Fct+Scroll and tried that == it started...
  3. How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad: I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties. Then the instructions say "click...
  4. Touchpad gesture issue

Touchpad gesture issue: On my touchpad when I tap with three fingers it calls up cortana, but in my touchpad setting it has the setting as middle mouse click, which is what it normally does. My computer randomly did this change and I cannot figure out what is making it call up cortana instead middle...
  5. Touchpad gesture issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad gesture issue: On my touchpad when I tap with three fingers it calls up cortana, but in my touchpad setting it has the setting as middle mouse click, which is what it normally does. My computer randomly did this change and I cannot figure out what is making it call up cortana instead middle...
  6. gestures on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures on touchpad: How do I turn off some of the gestures on the touchpad but leave others alone, before this upgrade I could not only see the demonstration but change each individual gestures. Now the only thing I see is this: "This device is working properly". I beg to differ, NO it's NOT....
  7. Touchpad gestures not working

Touchpad gestures not working: Before I factory reset my laptop I was able to use different gestures using my touchpad like scroll or zoom. But know that I have restarted everything the gestures are not working. I followed some steps u found online on ways to switch it on. The settings show that it is in...
  8. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  9. Touchpad Gestures not working

Touchpad Gestures not working: I just updated my windows 10. After updating, my touchpad gestures have stopped working. It's frustrating. I tried to see from the questions people have asked, but I can't do the "Locate the touchpad driver" step since what I have on my device manager is "Mice and other...
  10. Touchpad Gesture

Touchpad Gesture: Touchpad Gesture is not working, how do I fix it? I already tried going to set up and talking to a get help chat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/82661152-590c-44cb-b2e7-fb4bec73a91b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo idea pad l340 touchpad turn off zoom

2. lenovo idea pad l340 mouse pad not working

3. how to change touchpad scroll direction on lenovo ideapad l340

4. lenovo l 340 touchpad how to use