Windows 10: How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 may display a "Get even more out of Windows" prompt occasionally that displays additional services that users may set up. The prompt may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 9, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10

Windows 10 may display a "Get even more out of Windows" prompt occasionally that displays additional services that users may set up. The prompt may be displayed on the first start of the device, after the installation of a feature update, or at random provided that it has not been turned off.

Microsoft launched the post-upgrade setup experience in May 2018 in Insider Preview build 17682 and we looked at the feature in January 2019 when it became clear that Windows 10 version 1903 would include it. The screen looked a bit different back then but the listed services have not changed since then.

How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10 get-even-more-out-of-windows.png

The Get even more out of Windows prompt highlights a number of services that are powered by a Microsoft Account:

• Set up Windows Hello -- Sign in faster and more securely.
    • Link your phone and PC -- Help your devices work in harmony.
    • Do more across devices -- Enjoy more seamless experiences.
    • Get Office 365 ready -- Have your apps ready for launch.
    • Protect your files with OneDrive -- Keep them backed up and accessible.

Some Windows 10 users may find the prompt useful as it allows them to set up some of these services directly. It is possible to set these up elsewhere on the system which means that the prompt's main purpose is to get more users to discover these options and use them.

It is a good idea to disable the prompt if you don't want to use any of the features or set up some of them already. The prompt may be superfluous in this case and is best disabled to speed things up.

Disabling the experience

Windows administrators and users have two options to disable the prompt on machines running Windows 10. The first option disables it in the Settings application, the second option using the Registry.

Settings app

How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10 windows-10-disable-suggestions-get-more.png

This option is the safer option as it does not require manipulating the Registry. Here is what you need to to:

1. Open the Settings application, e.g. from Start or by using the keyboard shortcut Windows-I.
    2. Go to System > Notifications & actions in the Settings application.
    3. Locate "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" under Notifications on the page that opens.
    4. Uncheck the box to disable the "Get more" prompt".
    5. Close the Settings application.
    The Registry

You may also change a value in the Windows Registry to block the prompt on the device. We have prepared to Registry files that you can download to disable or enable the feature. You may also make the change manually if you prefer to do so.

To download the archive with the two Registry files, click on the following link: Registry file

Manual instructions

How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10 registry-turn-off-get-more-out-of-windows.png

Here is what you need to do:

1. Open the Windows Registry Editor, e.g. by opening Start, typing regedit.exe, and selecting the result to load it.
    2. Confirm the UAC prompt that Windows displays.
    3. Go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement, e.g. by pasting the path into the address field of the Registry Editor.
    4. Check if the Dword ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled exists.
      1. If it does not exist, right-click on UserProfileEngagement and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value. Name it ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled.
    5. Double-click on the Dword ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled
      1. Give it the value 0 to disable the feature.
      2. Give it the value 1 to enable the feature.
    6. Restart the Windows PC.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks/). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable more

2. Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it: I've had this problem where after 10 pm, my computer wont let me go on it anymore and my mom can't figure out how to turn it off. Is there a way I can forcefully disable it without using the microsoft family app? Here is what it looks like...
  3. Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it: I've had this problem where after 10 pm, my computer wont let me go on it anymore and my mom can't figure out how to turn it off. Is there a way I can forcefully disable it without using the microsoft family app? Here is what it looks like...
  4. Screen time keeps making me request more time, mom cant figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  6. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

[Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  7. I cant open my laptop for more than 3 hours still its saying sign in options is disabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open my laptop for more than 3 hours still its saying sign in options is disabled...: My computer got hanged or something idk, so i thought of ending the tasks in task manager and there was only one app that was running and that is my file explorer and i ended it , suddenly it got all black screen and i cant do anything so i pushed the power button straight...
  8. I cant open my laptop for more than 3 hours still its saying sign in options is disabled...

I cant open my laptop for more than 3 hours still its saying sign in options is disabled...: My computer got hanged or something idk, so i thought of ending the tasks in task manager and there was only one app that was running and that is my file explorer and i ended it , suddenly it got all black screen and i cant do anything so i pushed the power button straight...
  9. Bluetooth was working and somehow disabled itself on Windows, More info in the details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth was working and somehow disabled itself on Windows, More info in the details: The only Bluetooth device I have is a Logitech MX Master 2S wireless mouse, I've owned it for quite some time, and it worked pretty well. Unexpectedly, I heard the Windows disconnect sound effect being played, which immediately stopped the cursor moving from my mouse. I...
  10. Bluetooth was working and somehow disabled itself on Windows, More info in the details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth was working and somehow disabled itself on Windows, More info in the details: The only Bluetooth device I have is a Logitech MX Master 2S wireless mouse, I've owned it for quite some time, and it worked pretty well. Unexpectedly, I heard the Windows disconnect sound effect being played, which immediately stopped the cursor moving from my mouse. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 Enterprise have Get even more out of windows