Windows 10: How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar

Discus and support How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am wondering if it is possible to remove the rectangular highlight that appears when hovering your mouse over an app in the taskbar. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kylewhirl, Sep 23, 2020.

1. How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar

I am wondering if it is possible to remove the rectangular highlight that appears when hovering your mouse over an app in the taskbar. I have been looking everywhere to find a solution to this and cannot find it. I’m assuming the solution lies somewhere within the registry. Please let me know if you know how to do this or need some clarification

submitted by /u/kylewhirl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kylewhirl, Sep 23, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Steve.AJ Win User
    Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.

Hello Microsoft!

A couple of days ago I was using my Surface Book for an extremely long time. I was constantly switching from one app to another. After 3-4 hours of working, I realised that the app highlighter/glow effect in the taskbar gets stuck on one app. Even after
    taking my mouse off of the app the glow continued to be there. I then scrolled over MS Word and the highlighter /glow changed to MS Word and then got stuck there. Is there any way to fix this?

Note: I have experienced this even with my Windows 10 Gaming PC as well as my Alienware Area 51M.

Thanks!

Steve.AJ, Sep 23, 2020
  4. How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar

Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar

1. How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar - Similar Threads - disable highlight glow

2. How to remove taskbar glow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove taskbar glow?: How do I remove the glow from the taskbar when it is hidden? I currently have auto hide task bar enabled but while it is hidden I am still able to see the top outline of the search and the current application.I am using windows 10 home 21H2 build 19044.2251...
  3. How to remove taskbar glow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove taskbar glow?: How do I remove the glow from the taskbar when it is hidden? I currently have auto hide task bar enabled but while it is hidden I am still able to see the top outline of the search and the current application.I am using windows 10 home 21H2 build 19044.2251...
  4. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar: I have a couple of apps on my computer that are acting weird. Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Both of them get the little red badge with the number of unread messages, but neither flash/glow yellow or cause the taskbar to unhide, which makes it very easy to miss messages. I...
  5. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar: I have a couple of apps on my computer that are acting weird. Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Both of them get the little red badge with the number of unread messages, but neither flash/glow yellow or cause the taskbar to unhide, which makes it very easy to miss messages. I...
  6. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

7. How To Disable Search Highlights in Windows 11

How To Disable Search Highlights in Windows 11: Search Highlights in Windows 11Search highlights are one of the many features Microsoft has introduced to Windows in order to try to boost adoption of Bing, their search engine. While they can be fun for some people, if you're like me then you don't like when things are...
  8. How to disable Search Highlights on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Search Highlights on Windows 10: Windows 10 devices will soon get the new Search highlights feature that Microsoft introduced in recent Windows 11 Insider builds as well. [ATTACH] Search highlights has been pushed to the Windows 10 Release Preview channel, a development channel for Windows 10 that marks...
  9. Is it possible to completely disable yellow highlighting on the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to completely disable yellow highlighting on the Taskbar?: I'm referring to this. I was able to turn off the very aggressive flashing a while ago by forgotten means, but I've yet to find a way to disable the pulsing highlight that does not go away when a program opens or wants your attention. I absolutely hate this, it stresses...
  10. Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?: Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7 and miss that as I often close W10 with something open in the background, like notepad or something.. Is there a way to...