Windows 10: How to disable hot key in Windows 10 if I don't know source of it?

Discus and support How to disable hot key in Windows 10 if I don't know source of it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello!I want to free up hotkey created by me long time ago for another use.Now this hot key opens WinWord but I cannot find link which use this hotkey.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IgorShulgin, Jul 29, 2021.

1. How to disable hot key in Windows 10 if I don't know source of it?

Hello!I want to free up hotkey created by me long time ago for another use.Now this hot key opens WinWord but I cannot find link which use this hotkey. Is there any way to do it if I don't know old source of this hotkey?How I can see list of all my user-created hotkeys?I don't have admin rights on this computer. It's member of organization domain.

:)

IgorShulgin, Jul 29, 2021

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    How to disable hot keys?

Hi,

Hot keys usually provides shortcut access to the Start button or other Windows functions. Sometimes we want to disable some of them if they interfere with us. To disable hotkeys in Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit in the Search and then click Edit group policy. (This will open
      Local Group Policy Editor).
    • Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer. In the right-side pane, look for Turn off Windows + X hotkeys and double click on it.
    • Check Disabled and click OK.
    • Restart the computer to make the settings take effect.

Do get back to us if you need further assistance.

Julie Ram, Jul 29, 2021
  4. How to disable hot key in Windows 10 if I don't know source of it?

Hot keys

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

If you want to disable 'Hot keys related to Display" in Windows 10,

Kindly follow these steps.

1. Right click on desktop

2. If you see Graphics Options, you can 'disable' Hot keys in sub menu itself.

3. If you see Graphics properties, in Options and Support, you can 'disable' Hot keys.

If Hot keys (Shortcut keys) are in Multimedia keyboard, you can use software associated with it, you can enable or disable the hot keys from the keyboard itself.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

GaneshGandhi1982, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

How to disable hot key in Windows 10 if I don't know source of it?

1. How to disable hot key in Windows 10 if I don't know source of it? - Similar Threads - disable hot key

2. I don't know how to disable Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know how to disable Bitlocker: I don't know what to do about it, I don't want bitlocker and I can't turn it off, nor does the button to turn it off appear.Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-disable-bitlocker/b4a2cb5a-03a7-4f81-9637-e040ec3537e1
  3. I don't know how to disable Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know how to disable Bitlocker: I don't know what to do about it, I don't want bitlocker and I can't turn it off, nor does the button to turn it off appear.Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-disable-bitlocker/b4a2cb5a-03a7-4f81-9637-e040ec3537e1
  4. I don't know how to disable Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,CTRL/ALT/arrows....flipping my screen sideways and upways.I have tried below registry setting but it doesn't work[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation]"Enable"=dword:00000000Is there anyway it can be disabled? Or if we get the script to...
  6. Disable hot keys in windows 10

Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,CTRL/ALT/arrows....flipping my screen sideways and upways.I have tried below registry setting but it doesn't work[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation]"Enable"=dword:00000000Is there anyway it can be disabled? Or if we get the script to...
  7. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,I wanted to disable Ctrl + Alt + Up-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Down-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Side-arrows shortcut in windows 10.Is there anyway we can disable the above keys?Below are the system details:Edition Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSCVersion 21H2OS build 19044.3448...
  9. Disable hot keys in windows 10

Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,I wanted to disable Ctrl + Alt + Up-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Down-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Side-arrows shortcut in windows 10.Is there anyway we can disable the above keys?Below are the system details:Edition Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSCVersion 21H2OS build 19044.3448...
  10. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization