Windows 10: How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

Discus and support How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use single-click on dolphin in KDE but on Windows 10 it also enables some sort of hover to select (I prefer CTRL) How do I disable it? I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bitzach, Mar 5, 2020.

1. How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

I use single-click on dolphin in KDE but on Windows 10 it also enables some sort of hover to select (I prefer CTRL) How do I disable it?

I also checked if the setting was enabled in Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use it wasn't.

submitted by /u/bitzach
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bitzach, Mar 5, 2020

2. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Hello all,

I need help with the way my mouse behaves How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ? :)

On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it.

On my currect PC this doen't work. I chose single click mode, and when I click on a file once it opens as expected, but it NEVER GETS SELECTED by hovering on it.

Any ideas how can I solve it, please?

Many thanks

Marek.

MarekWarejko, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to disable the Touchpad hover select feature, I suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Parth P Patel
    replied on 31st July 2015.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2020
  4. How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

[Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Hi SmithErikson How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ? :)

Many thanks for your reply.

I followed steps you described, this however has made no difference, the mouse still does not selects file on hover.

Any ideas where to go next?

Best.

MarekWarejko, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

1. How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ? - Similar Threads - disable hover select

2. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  3. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  4. Hover-Select MOSTLY Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover-Select MOSTLY Works: I activated the Hover-Select function in my current Win10 so that when my mouse hovers over an open program, that one is auto selected. It seems to mostly work as expected, but does not work when I hover over a Java based program. e.g. a Java based HP calculator I use, or a...
  5. SELECTION CLICK

in Windows 10 Customization
    SELECTION CLICK: Good evening community, a few days ago that when I open any tab of Google or any program and click, I get a selection box like the white box in the image. Is there any way to remove that? [ATTACH]...
  6. Hover select issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover select issue: I have had this computer for several years and have never had a problem. In the past 3 months it has started to randomly start selecting everything I hover over. This has been pretty scary considering we are all doing virtual work and sharing screens. It's absolutely...
  7. How to stop selection by hovering

How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  8. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

[Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.: Hello all, I need help with the way my mouse behaves :) On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it. On my currect PC this doen't work. I chose single click mode, and when I click on a file once it opens as expected, but it NEVER...
  9. Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Disable touchpad hover-select feature: Really? Is this true? As I read in another post--this really complicates any work I want to do as I have to keep closing windows that I didn't want to open and paging back to where was working. This is absolutely maddening and makes me think of switching to Apple!!!...
  10. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10: Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the options list for how to open the file and was simply hovering over the list when the darned system auto-selected "Adobe Reader". I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diable hover-select touchpad

2. disable hover open folder in windows 10