Windows 10: How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

Discus and support How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, maybe someone can suggest something beside installing and uninstalling hyper-v feature. I didn't have time to try it yet, don't currently have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andy_Scull, May 29, 2019.

1. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

Hi, maybe someone can suggest something beside installing and uninstalling hyper-v feature. I didn't have time to try it yet, don't currently have access to PC in question.

So, I installed win10 1903 and enabled that new Sandbox feature to see how it works. After the end of test I removed it, but hypervisor it installed is still enabled on system.

Task manager shows 'Virtualization: enabled', systeminfo says 'A hypervisor has been detected' and vmware player won't start.

So now I need to somehow manually uninstall this hypervisor, any ideas? Going through anything remotely connected to windows features (dism, powershell) is no go since Hyper-V feature isn't installed so there's nothing to uninstall

:)

Andy_Scull, May 29, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 29, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, May 29, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

Windows 10 Enterprise Getting 'InPrivate Desktop' Sandbox feature

Read more:

Brink, May 29, 2019
Thema:

How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

1. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature? - Similar Threads - disable hypervisor uninstalling

2. Disabling Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Hypervisor: I need to download exemplify for school and the app won’t work I ask for assistance in remedying it and I was instructed to ask for support from Microsoft regarding disabling the Hypervisor and Kernel DMA Protection. May I ask for assistance regarding this matter?...
  3. Disabling Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Hypervisor: I need to download exemplify for school and the app won’t work I ask for assistance in remedying it and I was instructed to ask for support from Microsoft regarding disabling the Hypervisor and Kernel DMA Protection. May I ask for assistance regarding this matter?...
  4. Sandbox Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandbox Feature: I've Microsoft surface pro 7 with OS Win 11and unfortinaltly I can't add the sandbox feature to my laptop, actually I feature is doesn't appear in Windows Feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sandbox-feature/b1fc1564-e5dd-4b4a-b8e7-7efdad08b253
  5. Sandbox Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandbox Feature: I've Microsoft surface pro 7 with OS Win 11and unfortinaltly I can't add the sandbox feature to my laptop, actually I feature is doesn't appear in Windows Feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sandbox-feature/b1fc1564-e5dd-4b4a-b8e7-7efdad08b253
  6. Virtual Drive stays after disabling Sandbox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Drive stays after disabling Sandbox: Hello, I noticed an virtual drive in Disk Management called "PortableBaseLayer" that appeared ever since I have enabled Windows Sandbox. It takes up 8 GB. However, this virtual drive does not go away after disabling Sandbox and still takes up 8 GB. I am using Windows 1909....
  7. No hypervisor was found; Error 0xc0351000 – Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 News
    No hypervisor was found; Error 0xc0351000 – Windows Sandbox: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the Windows Sandbox error message No hypervisor was found with error code 0xc0351000 on your Windows 10 computer, then this post is […] This article No hypervisor was found; Error 0xc0351000 – Windows Sandbox first appeared on...
  8. Media feature pack disabled/uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media feature pack disabled/uninstalled: Hello! After an nvidea update, the media feature pack was disabled uninstalled or god knows what. I tried installing it and ended up installing around 4 different ones, none of them worked, I desided to contact live support, 3 different people took over my computer to try to...
  9. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.: I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. ----------------------------- {F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user. Note:...
  10. startup logo hang after enabling windows feature hypervisor

in Windows 10 Support
    startup logo hang after enabling windows feature hypervisor: Hi I need some help with this issue: I activated hyperV and isolatedusermode and now windows will not boot and hangs on startup logo. I was able to disable isolatedusermode but hyperv is still enabled. I have tried to dism /disable-feature hyperV and I get a 0x8000ffff...