Windows 10: How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 6, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have to select a window to activate it, and then only could you scroll through the content. However, with this feature enabled, you can scroll through the content, even without activating the window. […]

This article How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 6, 2021

2. scroll inactive window

Hi,

To address your concern with Scroll Inactive Window, we suggest that you update the driver of your mouse. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
  4. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior?

-----

Hi,

Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue. Short version - tried to turn off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" in Mouse Settings, but it still incorrectly allows scrolling of inactive
    windows in the same application as the active one, (i.e. it seems to be making the decision as to whether to scroll inactive not at the window level, as it should, but at the application level).

Example: When I watch videos on Youtube, (Firefox 75.0x64) the way I usually open a video I want is when I see one in the list that I want to watch, I Ctrl-Right click, Open in New (Private) Window, (I hate tabs How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10 ;) ) so now I have two separate Firefox
    windows on Youtube open - one with the list I was just looking at, (say, my subscription page) the other with the video that I've chosen to watch. I make the one with the video active by clicking on play, but it still lets me scroll the other, (subscription
    page) Youtube window while inactive, (again, even with the inactive scroll switch turned off in mouse settings, and even rebooted, in case that made a difference - it doesn't).

Double-checked other open windows, and, if they're Firefox windows, they still allow scrolling while inactive, whereas any other application windows do not. Seems like a bug to me, (i.e. the feature isn't called "scroll inactive applications...") or
    is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

DylanHunter, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

1. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable Inactive Scrolling

2. scroll inactive windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll inactive windows: This setting is making windows very difficult to use. Even when off in the settings it stays on and make it difficult to move through my open tabs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-inactive-windows/a82d0105-ce2b-4e3f-acba-deba93a6499a
  3. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?: TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior? ----- Hi, Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue....
  4. How to scroll on the inactive window without selecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to scroll on the inactive window without selecting it?: On a dual window setup, I have to select the app in order to scroll the contents of the window and I gotta select the window of another app again to scroll. Is there a third party tool that can enable me to scroll on the inactive window just by hovering the mouse over it?...
  5. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad: When my start screen isn’t open or a USB mouse isn’t plugged in, I cannot use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad. In the mouse setting I found that inactive windows option is on. I tried to update drivers with no avail. It is HPX360 laptop, a newly bought machine...
  6. Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work: I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to reinstall and update drivers...
  7. How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?: I use a USB mouse, and whenever I try to scroll down, the scroll wheel acts as the forward/back buttons. I've tried to fix it in the mouse settings menu, but the lowest I can set it to is 1. Is there any way I can disable this feature?...
  8. How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?

How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?: Hi all, I have 3 monitors in my setup and I am really getting annoyed how Windows 10 starts a program on the last used monitor. I sometimes turn one or more of my monitors off when I am not using them, but never my main one since it is broken. Is there any way I can...
  9. Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work: Hello! I have installed the Win 10 enterprise LTSB the trial version. So far, so good, with the exception of two details: - The scrolling of inactive windows isn't working properly. I mean, it works only when the "Settings" window is the active, then I can scroll the...
  10. Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Scroll Inactive Windows in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a built-in feature to let you scroll inactive windows by just hovering over them with the pointer without your currently active...