Windows 10: How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?

Discus and support How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just want to completely disable the internal speakers of my laptop, but in audio devices, it is grouped with headphones (it’s named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hyper_bolo, May 29, 2020.

1. How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?

I just want to completely disable the internal speakers of my laptop, but in audio devices, it is grouped with headphones (it’s named speakers/headphones as part of Realtek Audio). How do I disable the internal speakers independently from headphones? Thanks

submitted by /u/hyper_bolo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hyper_bolo, May 29, 2020
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

Where I work, the IT department made the mistake of purchasing computers with built-in speakers. We do not want the speakers to function at all, only any sound put through the headphone jack. After disabling the speakers, we found that YouTube no longer works, which is a problem.

That said, is there a way to permanently disable the speakers, leave the headset jack enabled and still allow YouTube to continue playing videos even if a headset is not plugged in?

JOSHSKORN, May 29, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

These are the machines in question. The speakers are built-in. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...ries-tiny/m73/

That said, there are no wires to cut.

Upon examining the BIOS, I noticed that you can disable the onboard sound, however I'm fairly certain that this would also permanently disable usage of the headphone jack as well.

Again, I just want to make sure the speakers do not work at all, but that the headphone connector jack is still live and that the volume for that can still be adjusted to the user's liking.

JOSHSKORN, May 29, 2020
  4. How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack? [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?

1. How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack? - Similar Threads - disable internal speakers

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  4. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  5. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  6. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  7. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

How do I disable the front headphone Jack?: Hi I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers but just had half my teeth out, i physically can take pain killers and i cant think) but cant figure out how to shut off the...
  8. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now: On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack. And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work. Did the broken plug in the rear disable the front headphone jack? Can anyone help with either problem? thanks! 114665
  9. internal speakers and headphones not working

internal speakers and headphones not working: Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and since i did my internal speakers and my headphones are not working anymore. I have a microphone called blue yeti wich can be used as an output. It's the only output that works for me. If i go to the audio output...
  10. Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?: Where I work, the IT department made the mistake of purchasing computers with built-in speakers. We do not want the speakers to function at all, only any sound put through the headphone jack. After disabling the speakers, we found that YouTube no longer works, which is a...