Windows 10: How to Disable Language changing hotkey

Discus and support How to Disable Language changing hotkey in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PussyMaister, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language

CTRL + SHIFT + W buttons are common in CS or Valorant for slow crouch walking and turns out these 3 button are used to change languages ?? cuz every time i try to press these buttons on that order as mentioned above, it pops a box on right side on the screen on top of the game and shows English UK and english US

i want to know how to disable this hotkey.. please help me

submitted by /u/PussyMaister
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PussyMaister, Jul 29, 2020

2. Unable to remove a Language for the keyboard or the hotkey

Hi,

Windows has the capability to use different language packages to fit the needs of the customer. Not being able to remove a language pack could be due to data files that got corrupted. To resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can follow the steps below to disable the hotkey in switching in between different languages installed on your device:

• Click "Clock, Language, and Region" from the control panel.
    • Click "Language"
    • Click "Advanced settings" in the left column. ...
    • Under "Switching input methods", click "Change language bar hot keys"
    • Select "Between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
    • Disable/change the keyboard shortcut as you'd like.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 29, 2020
  3. soda_YEET Win User
    how to change hotkey for language swapping?

so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing
    hotkey?

soda_YEET, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

How to Disable Language changing hotkey

how to change hotkey for language swapping?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that in Windows 10, you will not be able to assign a specific key to toggle between different languages. However, you can assign a set of keys. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Settings (Windows key + I).
    2. Then click on Devices and then on
      Typing.
    3. Scroll down and click on
      Advance keyboard settings.

4. Click on Language bar options.
    5. Navigate to Advance key settings tab.
    6. Select the language (for eg: To English (United States)- US) and click on Change Key Sequence.
    7. Assign the keys and click on
      OK.

8. Now to save the changes, please click on
      Apply. Then click on OK.
    9. Sign off and sign in back. You will be able to use the shortcut keys.

Hope it helps,

Naresh_K, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How to Disable Language changing hotkey

1. How to Disable Language changing hotkey - Similar Threads - Disable Language changing

2. change/disable sound hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change/disable sound hotkeys: Since the new update, every time i click the button C on my keyboard, it mutes all sound. when i click X it lowers the volume. is there anything i can do to fix this issue, there isnt anything online....
  3. change/disable sound hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    change/disable sound hotkeys: Since the new update, every time i click the button C on my keyboard, it mutes all sound. when i click X it lowers the volume. is there anything i can do to fix this issue, there isnt anything online....
  4. change/disable sound hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  6. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  7. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?: All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as possible. submitted by /u/FuFuTurtle [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change language switch hotkey?

How do I change language switch hotkey?: After one of the recent updates I noticed I can't do it. I'm on Windows 10 1803 and there's no "language bar" or "change input method" or even "Keyboard (under Clock and Region). I can't see any option to change the switch from Alt-**** to anything else....
  9. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  10. Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook Pro. I sometimes accidentally hit CTL-SHIFT together and toggle my keyboard into French mode. I'd like to know how to disable this feature/change it to something else I don't hit so often. Thanks in advance for your...