Windows 10: How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

Discus and support How to Disable Laptop Keyboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried: 1. Install an incompatible driver - still works. 2. Disable it through DevManView - gives an error. 3. Uninstalling it - obviously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TairikuOkami, May 25, 2016.

1. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

I have tried:

1. Install an incompatible driver - still works.
    2. Disable it through DevManView - gives an error.
    3. Uninstalling it - obviously does not work, it will reinstall upon restart.

I need it for 2 reasons: for my laptop, so I could put food on my laptop, without keys being pressed. And some kids spilled a juice on a laptop, which damaged it, but one key is being pressed, so I need to disable it to be able to use an external keyboard. I have cleaned the keys, it did not help. I hate MS for making simple things so difficult to do. *Mad

:)

TairikuOkami, May 25, 2016
  2. LukeTry Win User

How to disable laptop internal microphone

I looked on my recording devices and I did not see anything to do with an internal mic so I can't disable it and I need to disable it to make another headset mic work. Any help?

LukeTry, May 25, 2016
  3. How to disable laptop internal microphone

Hello Luke,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know the make and model of the laptop you are using. Also, do you have any Sound management software or applet in Control Panel (Ex: Realtek Sound) to control Audio/mic device settings.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check what are the recording devices configured in Windows. Follow the below steps.

1) Open sound from Control Panel.

2) See if the devices are set correct under recording devices tab. If the all the devices are not listed, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

3) Now, if the headphone mic device is listed amongst the items under "recording devices", choose the device and press "set default".

If it still does not help, provide us a screenshot of the Recording devices under Sound settings for to be able to assist you further.

Here's how to post a screenshot in your query:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Also see:
    Open Snipping Tool and take a screenshot

Note: Edit any personal details from the screenshot using any image editing software to
    avoid personal information content.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to microphone, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 25, 2016
  4. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

Hi,

Sorry my bad, keyboard not touchpad!

Try the F6 key from your User manual, see below: -

How to Disable Laptop Keyboard? [​IMG]

How to Disable Laptop Keyboard? [​IMG]

Lottiemansion, May 25, 2016
  5. Unplugging the ribbon cable is one option? Carefully release the locking bar and it should slide out of the motherboard connecter on its own. Getting at the connector could be easy or quit hard. Depends on the laptop construction. Google keyboard replacement for your make model and you may get the info you need. I've taken regular keyboards and washed then in the kitchen sink with the spray nozzle. No soap, just hot water. Then set them out in the sunlight for a couple of days to be sure they are completely dry. It fixed the sticky keys on a few of them for me. They were never any worse than before I cleaned them. YMMV of coarse.

I don't know of any software way to do it. Other than maybe in device manager?

alphanumeric, May 25, 2016
  6. Thanks for the tips, but in the end, it was way simple than I have thought.
    I just had to finish it or to choose the right wrong driver (Japanese). *Biggrin

1. Install an incompatible driver, anything will do.
    2. Disable the device, once it is not a default MS driver, it can be easily disabled.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

1. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard? - Similar Threads - Disable Laptop Keyboard

2. How to disable laptop keyboard read post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable laptop keyboard read post: How to disable laptop keyboard read post So i am on Windows 10 21H2 and my laptop keyboard is broken it spams keys a replacement keyboard is on the way in like 1 or 2 weeks but until the replacement gets here i cant use my laptop normal i have tried to disable the keyboard...
  3. Disabling Laptop's Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Laptop's Keyboard: Hey there, I used to disable my laptop's keyboard because my keys are all broken and it'll type by itself. But after updating to Windows 2004, it seems like I couldn't disable my keyboard anymore. Can someone help me? I would appreciate it....
  4. Disabling laptop keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard: Hi, I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard permanently as it is faulty, and I am using an external keyboard. However, I am unable to disable my laptop's keyboard and it is very frustrating when my external keyboard is on top of my laptop. PLEASE HELP. I have tried using...
  5. Disabling Laptop Keyboard

Disabling Laptop Keyboard: how do i disable my laptop's key board? i was facing problem with my laptop keyboard since February and i had successfully disabled the keyboard and was happily using a Secondary Keyboard but when i have updated to Windows 10 2004 Home Single Language version, the...
  6. How to disable a laptop keyboard

How to disable a laptop keyboard: I have a laptop that has a couple of keys that keep pressing themselves, one being the Windows key. I have tried cleaning the keyboard with no success. I don't need the laptop keyboard, as I have an external one. I have Windows 10 home edition and here is what I've tried:...
  7. Disabling laptop keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard: When I try to disable my laptop keyboard it does not work. I try changing to incompatible drivers but when I restart it changes back to standard ps2. Can anyone help me?...
  8. How to disable laptop keyboard

How to disable laptop keyboard: I need to disable my laptop's built-in keyboard. The keys are broken and it's impossible to type using them, in addition to the fact that the small keyboard space hurts my hands to use. For the longest time I was able to use the wrong driver on the keyboard and was able to...
  9. Laptop keyboard disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard disabled: New Lenovo laptop keyboard disabled after initial windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-disabled/2e85f6a3-27ec-4a5e-bc7a-9b8442df4d73
  10. Disabling Laptop Keyboard

Disabling Laptop Keyboard: Hi all. I have had an issue with the touchpad and keyboard on my laptop. Solutions to "jumping cursor" have made things worse, so, I am trying the alternative option of using a USB keyboard and mouse. Disabling the mouse is easy. Disable keyboard is greyed out, and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install Incompatible Driver to disable keyboard in windows 10