Windows 10: How to disable laptop keyboard

Discus and support How to disable laptop keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to disable my laptop's built-in keyboard. The keys are broken and it's impossible to type using them, in addition to the fact that the small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArceeMedicbot, Aug 7, 2020.

1. How to disable laptop keyboard

I need to disable my laptop's built-in keyboard. The keys are broken and it's impossible to type using them, in addition to the fact that the small keyboard space hurts my hands to use. For the longest time I was able to use the wrong driver on the keyboard and was able to set it so it wouldn't 'fix' itself upon restarting. My problem now is that windows 10 forced an update on me last night and now, no matter what I do, the built-in keyboard will not disable or uninstall! I set my usb keyboard on top of the laptop's keyboard, so this is a huge problem for me. How can I permanently disable the built-in laptop or at least tell me a way to turn it off! Please!

:)

ArceeMedicbot, Aug 7, 2020

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to disable keyboard when laptop is asleep?

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on disabling your keyboard when your laptop is asleep. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Type in the command below and press
      Enter
    powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact name of your keyboard"

For example, “Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard”

• When finished, close the elevated command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Aug 7, 2020
  4. How to disable laptop keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard

I'm not understanding this. I had to uninstall and my keyboard is still not disabled. I'm having to use an external just to be able to type bc if I don't my laptop thinks i'm pressing "t" constantly and some of the other keys such as "I" and "O" and "U" are
    funky too. Can you please go into a more detailed description of what you mean here?

questingspirit, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

How to disable laptop keyboard

1. How to disable laptop keyboard - Similar Threads - disable laptop keyboard

2. How to disable laptop keyboard read post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable laptop keyboard read post: How to disable laptop keyboard read post So i am on Windows 10 21H2 and my laptop keyboard is broken it spams keys a replacement keyboard is on the way in like 1 or 2 weeks but until the replacement gets here i cant use my laptop normal i have tried to disable the keyboard...
  3. Disabling Laptop's Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Laptop's Keyboard: Hey there, I used to disable my laptop's keyboard because my keys are all broken and it'll type by itself. But after updating to Windows 2004, it seems like I couldn't disable my keyboard anymore. Can someone help me? I would appreciate it....
  4. Disabling laptop keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard: Hi, I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard permanently as it is faulty, and I am using an external keyboard. However, I am unable to disable my laptop's keyboard and it is very frustrating when my external keyboard is on top of my laptop. PLEASE HELP. I have tried using...
  5. Disabling Laptop Keyboard

Disabling Laptop Keyboard: how do i disable my laptop's key board? i was facing problem with my laptop keyboard since February and i had successfully disabled the keyboard and was happily using a Secondary Keyboard but when i have updated to Windows 10 2004 Home Single Language version, the...
  6. How to disable a laptop keyboard

How to disable a laptop keyboard: I have a laptop that has a couple of keys that keep pressing themselves, one being the Windows key. I have tried cleaning the keyboard with no success. I don't need the laptop keyboard, as I have an external one. I have Windows 10 home edition and here is what I've tried:...
  7. Disabling laptop keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard: When I try to disable my laptop keyboard it does not work. I try changing to incompatible drivers but when I restart it changes back to standard ps2. Can anyone help me?...
  8. Laptop keyboard disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard disabled: New Lenovo laptop keyboard disabled after initial windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-disabled/2e85f6a3-27ec-4a5e-bc7a-9b8442df4d73
  9. Disabling Laptop Keyboard

Disabling Laptop Keyboard: Hi all. I have had an issue with the touchpad and keyboard on my laptop. Solutions to "jumping cursor" have made things worse, so, I am trying the alternative option of using a USB keyboard and mouse. Disabling the mouse is easy. Disable keyboard is greyed out, and the...
  10. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?: I have tried: 1. Install an incompatible driver - still works. 2. Disable it through DevManView - gives an error. 3. Uninstalling it - obviously does not work, it will reinstall upon restart. I need it for 2 reasons: for my laptop, so I could put food on my laptop,...