Windows 10: How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2?

Discus and support How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated my windows to windows 10 version 20H2. Now, I can not disable my internal keyboard in any way, I need to do it because my internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robiraju, Aug 21, 2021.

1. robiraju Win User

How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2?

I recently updated my windows to windows 10 version 20H2. Now, I can not disable my internal keyboard in any way, I need to do it because my internal keyboard is faulty. I did disable it in the previous version of windows 10. But now disabling/ uninstalling/ any other way I found in all over the internet is not working!

:)

robiraju, Aug 21, 2021

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 21, 2021
  3. How to disable a laptop keyboard

Hi,BvinR

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and it will provide you the steps on how to fix the issue.

kindly click this link

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.

2. Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

3.Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

5. Click on Yes in the resulting dialog box to confirm the action and disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard.

6. If you don’t see a Disable option in the resulting context menu, you will see an Uninstall option, and you can click on that to uninstall the drivers for the built-in keyboard instead of simply disabling it.

Take Note:

Windows 10 might automatically update the drivers after detecting the keyboard. If that happens, you will have to make your way back to the Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for the laptop’s built-in keyboard once again.

if these steps did not resolve the issue kindly try this workaround method

click this link

https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

EriksonBautista24, Aug 21, 2021
  4. How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2?

Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.

• Find Keyboards in the list of devices and
      click the arrow to expand it.

• Right-click on the internal keyboard and click
      Disable

• If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall

• Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.

Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If
    that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure in order to uninstall it again.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.

• Click to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

• Right click the touchpad and click Disable.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2?

1. How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2? - Similar Threads - disable Laptop's internal

2. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  3. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  4. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update

Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update: I am using asus laptop. I wanted to disable my laptop internal keyboard since It have a problem of automatic pressing. I tried uninstalling internal keyboarddevice manager/keyboard/uninstall device, updating internal keyboard with random software. But my keyboard was still...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 and US international Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20H2 and US international Keyboard: Hi, Just reimaged a computer and it no longer has the option of the US International Keyboard. When I go into languages, it is not an option? I'm sure I'm missing something, but cannot find it either in the language settings or online. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks....
  7. Can't disable internal keyboard of Laptop

Can't disable internal keyboard of Laptop: Hi,I can't disable my laptop keyboard. I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, installed unsupported drivers. but after every restart, the keyboard driver gets automatically installed. Also, I don't have the option called "Device Installation Management" in Local Group...
  8. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10: In order to make laptops lighter and easy to carry, manufacturers have made the keyboards smaller in them. This has made typing difficult on the laptops as compared to on the desktop with external keyboards. Now, if you want to disable the laptop keyboard and put an external...
  9. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2

Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2: My Laptop's built-in keyboard is an issue of automatic key pressing, since one year I disable it by update the driver with a random manufactures keyboard's driver. But after the latest windows 10 updateversion 20H2 my key board automatically enable and when i again update the...
  10. How to disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?

How to disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?: After a Windows 10 update, my malfunctioning keyboard came back online and has been holding down the right arrow key periodically. This keyboard is the built-in laptop keyboard. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, but it automatically reinstalls it upon restart. I have...