Windows 10: How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

Discus and support How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I am using Windows 10 Education, provided by my college. Disabling log-on page option seems to be hidden that I cannot do it in regular ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ILTAE_PARK, Aug 16, 2020.

1. How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Education, provided by my college. Disabling log-on page option seems to be hidden that I cannot do it in regular ways suggested in existing posts.

The reason of the disabling is: startup programs start running after the log-on. I usually turn on the computer and do something else while it boosts. I have to come back to enter the password in the middle of something. My goal is to turn on the computer and do something else without coming back while it boosts and I won't have to wait for startup programs.

As long as I can achieve my purpose, any solution will do. By the way, I want to remain the startup programs.

:)

ILTAE_PARK, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

4. How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

1. How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - disable log Education

2. How do you disable Windows 10 log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you disable Windows 10 log in?: Hello,I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, I have used my email to create an account, but now when I turn on my PC, I need to log in with a pin code.How do I disable this so that the PC boots straight into the desktop as it used to. It doesnt have a local account...
  3. How do you disable Windows 10 log in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you disable Windows 10 log in?: Hello,I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, I have used my email to create an account, but now when I turn on my PC, I need to log in with a pin code.How do I disable this so that the PC boots straight into the desktop as it used to. It doesnt have a local account...
  4. How do you disable Windows 10 log in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 Education edition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable startup password in Windows 10 Education edition: I've recently reinstalled my PC and I'm trying to disable my password requirements. I went to "control userpasswords2" to uncheck the "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" box but when I go there the box isn't there. I've switched to an education...
  6. how to disable bypass log in, windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to disable bypass log in, windows 10: how to disable bypass log in windows 10 ? example log in bypass with a windows usb installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-bypass-log-in-windows-10/de874038-a0c6-4f11-a1a7-bbec23ce1f0d
  7. Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.: Hi. I just updated my windows 10 last night as it said support for my version of windows 10 was about to run out and I had to restart my computer for updates. No big deal I thought. I let the updates happen. I'm now on version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. First log in, no...
  8. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education: I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent,...
  9. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  10. Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO: Hello, I've been doing some testing on a Windows 10 Education build. After imaging and locking down users via Group Policy i have noticed a security issue when logged on as a standard user. I cannot stop standard users being able to UNC from either the search bar or...