Windows 10: How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep

Discus and support How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I disable the lock screen on a Win 10 Home laptop after waking from sleep or on restart? Under Settings-Accounts-Sign in options there used to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chris Nicola, Mar 14, 2021.

1. How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep

How do I disable the lock screen on a Win 10 Home laptop after waking from sleep or on restart?

Under Settings-Accounts-Sign in options there used to be a setting to turn this off. Now I cant see it anywhere. Your advice would be appreciated.

I am using a local administrator account on Win 10 home build 19042.867. There is no password.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, Mar 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Eric J F Win User
    Cannot Disable Lock Screen Upon Wake

I want my Surface Pro 4 (W10 Pro) to wake from sleep straight to the start screen. Since the Anniversary update, I get the lock screen that has to be swiped first. Note I am NOT talking about the log in screen; I've already disabled that.

I've tried many suggestions that don't work. For instance, renaming the system apps 'lock screen app' and creating a scheduled task replace the wake lock screen with a log in screen. Registry hacks don't work any more.

Has anyone found a way to bypass the lock screen upon wake?

Eric J F, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep

screen saver

Hi Kenneth,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your Screen Saver concern. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you disable wake up password?
    • Are you seeing the log-in screen when waking up the computer from sleep?
    • How did you set up the Screen Saver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you did it.

Argel Obm, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep

1. How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep - Similar Threads - Disable log Screen

2. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  3. blue screen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen after waking from sleep: Hello, each time I try to wake my computer from sleep, I get a blue screen of death. The computer restarts and heads to the bios screen, in which I restore to default cause i have no idea what to do in bios and keep on, I dont know much about computers but I think I managed...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  5. Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Legion 5 wakes from Sleep even after disabling waking: My Lenovo Legion 5 (82AU00BVUS) keeps waking from sleep, even though I've taken all sorts of steps to prevent it. WinVer: 20H2 (19042.867) System bios info: SMBIOSBIOSVersion EFCN38WW Here's what I've done so far: 1. Disable wake timers I completely disabled wake timers...
  6. Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen After Waking From Sleep: Hello there, I have been plague with crashes after waking from sleep for a month. I hope you could provide me more insight what may be cause of it. I have searched the forum and mostly are mentioning to update my driver however I have checked Device Manager and determine the...
  7. any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?: I recently installed the 2004 version of Windows 10 and none of the old ways to disable sign in from wake are available. This is on an HP laptop. Can anyone help? Thanks. submitted by /u/whatgoodisthat [link] [comments]...
  8. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...
  9. Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep: I'm trying to disable lockscreen after waking from sleep. And I can't find such option. Take a look at the screenshot. [img] I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, I'm system administrator and the only Group Policy settings I changed are this: [img] Please, help me to solve...
  10. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...