Windows 10: How to disable managed by organisation on personal computer?

Discus and support How to disable managed by organisation on personal computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried to join the indsider program and I needed to enable telemetry. The thing is, I can't edit it because it is "managed by my organisation". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by objectful, Apr 28, 2021.

1. objectful Win User

How to disable managed by organisation on personal computer?

I have tried to join the indsider program and I needed to enable telemetry. The thing is, I can't edit it because it is "managed by my organisation". I have tried the gpedit trick and it did let me edit it but everytime I changed it from required to optional, it changed back everytime I went from a tab and came back. Same for other menus. The problem is that I accidentally pressed Set Up For Organisation during the OOBE instead of personal and I want to change it. Is there a way I could do this without creating a new user account? Thanks.TL;DR: i pressed set up for organisation instead of pers

:)

objectful, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Wynne0 Win User

"Some settings are managed by your organisation" on a personal computer

I am seeing the "Some settings are managed by your organisation" message in my Windows Update Settings, and this is impacting my ability to install updates. This problem appeared in the fall of 2017.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, OS Build 16299.664 on a personal device (Surface 2 Pro). It has never been part of an organisation (I am the sole owner, bought it new), although I was until recently a member of the Insider Programme.

So far, I've run the system file check (SFC) scan as recommended

here
    , and received the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.". A Safe Mode reboot did not resolve the issue either. I also looked into
    regedit to see if I had an AllowTelemetry value (as recommended

here
    )... but I don't.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Wynne0, Apr 28, 2021
  3. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

I'm getting "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" in yellow color for the following setting sections in windows 10.

System:

Notification & actions, Multitasking

Personalization:

Lock Screen, Start

Privacy

General

I tried following suggestions to fix the problem.

1. Reset my PC using windows advanced startup option.
    2. follow all the solutions which are mentioned in here. link
    3. Change Diagnostics & feedback to Full.
    4. Reset group-policies for default. link
    5. Restore windows

Please kindly suggest a solution to fix this problem.

NadeeshaniWilliam, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Jackal Win User

Some settings are managed by your organisation.

Hi there
    I got issue at customer where no-one can change the "set time automatically"feature to be disabled on Win 10 1511.If they change dates it jumps back by itself.Does anyone know how to disable this from happening if it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation "and greyed out

I need maybe the gpedit steps to do this or registry key to change.It never happened to Win 7 pc's in domain.I did try changing group policy in domain server but still the same

Jackal, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable managed by organisation on personal computer? - Similar Threads - disable managed organisation

2. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  3. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  4. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Personal Computer & Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personal Computer & Task manager: I see a lot of apps running in the background every 5 minute. it also happens when i restart my pc. what is causing this to happen? I'm 10 years old, I don't want to lose my only computer i have...
  6. Settings are managed my my organisation when its my own personal computer

Settings are managed my my organisation when its my own personal computer: I am not able to change certain settings like this as shown below even though i reset my computer completely. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-are-managed-my-my-organisation-when-its/793990f1-e027-4c09-8b43-7b4b200c1796
  7. Setting Managed by Organisation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Managed by Organisation: I was given a laptop by my mom which was given to her by the company she used to work for. The company heavily restricted settings on the laptop, for example, I can't change the User information to my name, Windows account or even set a new password. I'm using a Dell laptop...
  8. Settings managed by organisation!!!!!

Settings managed by organisation!!!!!: [ATTACH] What is this setting even in MS edge I'm seeing this ... how to fix it. i have windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-managed-by-organisation/69c8dc31-a2db-4661-9962-5669e4424231
  9. Organisation and Personal PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organisation and Personal PC: I recently downloaded office word, PowerPoint, etc using my work email for office 365. It told me i had to change my pin so it fit my organisation's requirements. Is this the only thing they can manage, considering it is my personal laptop? can they monitor my activity?...
  10. Some settings are managed by your organisation - but this is a personal Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some settings are managed by your organisation - but this is a personal Laptop: Bought a new Surface 2 laptop. Personal use only - not attached to any domain etc. Home use. After running a number of MS updates I am now getting a message saying some updates are manages by your organisation. I have searched and can not find a resolution to this. Any...