Windows 10: How to disable McFee and enable realtime always Windows Defender?

Discus and support How to disable McFee and enable realtime always Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I purchased a new laptop Windows 10 recently. The McAfee trial has expired and I do not want to subscribe or purchase to McAFee. A side question:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AKVerma_71, Jul 31, 2021.

1. How to disable McFee and enable realtime always Windows Defender?

Hello,I purchased a new laptop Windows 10 recently. The McAfee trial has expired and I do not want to subscribe or purchase to McAFee. A side question: Is it better to uninstall or disable McAfee?I want to switch on to MicroSoft Defender on a real time basis. Currently, when I go to Control Panel / Systems and Security / Windows defender Firewall, and click on the left hand side on the option "Turn Windows defender firewall on or off", nothing happens. This may be because though I am not sure because there is a yellow box message shown, "These settings are being managed by vendor ap

:)

AKVerma_71, Jul 31, 2021

2. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Jul 31, 2021
  3. cannot disable realtime scanning windows defender windows 10

cannot disable realtime scanning windows defender windows 10

GeovaniUSC, Jul 31, 2021
  4. How to disable McFee and enable realtime always Windows Defender?

Windows defender couldnt be enable after being disabled

Hello Imtiaz,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Have you installed any third-party security software on your computer?

• Are you using administrator account?

• Is the computer connected to domain?

• Did you try restarting the computer and check?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

update the group policy and check.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Gpupdate and press enter.

• Then try enabling the Windows defender in group policy and check.
    This issue usually arises when you have installed a security software on your computer. From Windows 8 onwards, the Windows Defender is equipped with all the functionalities of an anti-virus software including real-time protection which was not
    present in Windows Defender in Windows 7.

Method 2

If you have any third-party security software installed, I would suggest you to uninstall thatsoftware and then upgrade to Windows 10. As it is not recommended to keep more than 1 anti-virus software with real-time protection.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable/uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable/uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Whenever you install a third-party security software in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, it automatically disables Windows Defender to avoid conflicts.

Method 3

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on the windows defender.

• Type control panel in the search box.

• Choose the Action Center under
      System and Security option.

• You see the notification that Windows defender is turned off below the
      Security label. Hit the Turn on now tab to active the Windows Defender again.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

How to disable McFee and enable realtime always Windows Defender?

1. How to disable McFee and enable realtime always Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - disable McFee enable

2. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  3. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  4. Unistalled McFee and used the Mcfee Removal tool, but Windows defender won't get turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unistalled McFee and used the Mcfee Removal tool, but Windows defender won't get turned on: Uninstalled McFee and used the Mcfee Removal tool, but Windows defender won't get turned on. There were some files under Real-time protection saying disable**** so I erased them but didn't do any difference either....
  5. My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it?

My Windows 10 antivirus defender is disabled how to enable it?: Yes, it says in the settings that this is deactivated, that's true, but I forgot how I deactivated it, who can help me? Thank you :3 Mein Windows 10 antiviren defender ist deaktiviert wie aktivieren?
  6. How to enable windows defender

How to enable windows defender: Hello I bought a new laptop that came with Webroot antivirus. I do not like this program and want to use the default Windows Defender, but I do not see an option to change it back, or uninstall the other program. They both are present in the settings, but windows defender...
  7. Windows defender realtime protection

Windows defender realtime protection: Activate realtime protection on windows defender an cloud delivered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-realtime-protection/4faf89dc-d0cb-4c6c-8d81-d1c513e4b8ab"
  8. Windows Defender Disabled and wont re enable

Windows Defender Disabled and wont re enable: So heres the deal. A little while ago, my windows security center started acting up. It keeps giving me a message that my access has been limited ( see attached screenshots) Ive tried everything i can think of short of gpedit (windows home so i aint got access) Ive used...
  9. Mcfee anitvirus

Mcfee anitvirus: do you require mcfee antivirus with a new windows pc, or is the inbuilt antivirus with windows 10 sufficient for normal browsing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcfee-anitvirus/8015696e-00f9-4442-8912-40343608fffe
  10. Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Windows Defender Realtime Protection: I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the realtime protection but it can't.Please help....