Windows 10: How to Disable Microsoft Defender ?

Discus and support How to Disable Microsoft Defender ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can i permanently disable Windows Defender? i can't play Counter-Strike Global Offensive because Windows Defender running in the background and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ducu Alexandru, Aug 20, 2021.

1. How to Disable Microsoft Defender ?

How can i permanently disable Windows Defender? i can't play Counter-Strike Global Offensive because Windows Defender running in the background and it's kicking me. i tried to disable it from regedit but didn't work i also tried from Group Policy but also in vain it is running in the background Antimalware Service Executable...i tried and normaly stop it from the Windows Settings but still in vain.[Original Title: Help Windows Defender]

:)

Ducu Alexandru, Aug 20, 2021

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 20, 2021
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Aug 20, 2021
  4. How to Disable Microsoft Defender ?

Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

How to Disable Microsoft Defender ?

1. How to Disable Microsoft Defender ? - Similar Threads - Disable Microsoft Defender

2. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  3. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  4. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11: Microsoft Defender Antivirus is the default antivirus solution of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. It is turned on by default, unless another security solution is installed that is recognized by the operating system as such. Previously, it was known as Windows...
  6. How do I disable Microsoft Windows Defender???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Microsoft Windows Defender???: I have recently been trying to disable the extremely annoying Microsoft Windows Defender as it is the result of Antimalware Service Executable eating up a ton of memory. Before posting an answer please know that I'm not exaggerating when I say I've tried EVERYTHING google has...
  7. How to disable Microsoft Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Microsoft Windows Defender?: I wanted to Know how to Disable temporary windows defender in my pc which I use for my office work at Viha Steel & Forging.Thanks & Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-disable-microsoft-windows-defender/57dd5e38-39fe-4d13-92b4-8c656122fd8c
  8. How would I disable microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would I disable microsoft defender: I want to downlaod another anti virus and disable microsoft defender submitted by /u/AweCookies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmubn7/how_would_i_disable_microsoft_defender/
  9. How to disable Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Defender?: Defender is really pissing me off. There are some files on my PC that it thinks are malware and even after clicking Allow, it forgets and asks again every time and just refuses to let me use them. Then it uses a lot of CPU and HDD and even after disabling it, it still runs! I...
  10. How to disable/turn off Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable/turn off Microsoft Defender: Hello users, would like to know if it's possible to totally disable Microsoft Defender (formerly Windows Defender). I don't want any engine scanning my files in the background as soon as I try to read some file and deleting them without further notice. W10 1909. 154302