Windows 10: How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt

Discus and support How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A recurring message is seen at times while attempting to close the Microsoft Edge browser. The message reads – Microsoft Edge is being used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 24, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt

How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt Microsoft-Edge-is-being-used-for-sharing.jpg
    A recurring message is seen at times while attempting to close the Microsoft Edge browser. The message reads – Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing even though you have not changed any settings on your device. Disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing message It appears because maybe you initiated some share operation […]

This article How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 24, 2021

2. Share using Microsoft Edge

Hi Kathy,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have in sharing webpages on Microsoft Edge.

Please follow the below steps to know how to share websites in Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Edge.

2. Tap the Share button on the top right while the page you want to share is open.

3. Press the dropdown arrow next to the page's name to pick the format you wish to share. You can post the page as a screenshot or Web page (.html).

4. Select the channel through which you wish to post. Edge only supports sharing via apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Mail and OneNote, and these apps must be installed on your system before you can use them on Edge and follow the screen instructions.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Katypi3 Win User
    Share using Microsoft Edge

Hi,

I have Mail installed. Facebook is working now but still can't share via Mail. Can you advise how to do this?

Katypi3, Jun 24, 2021
  4. How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt

1. How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt - Similar Threads - disable Microsoft Edge

2. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  3. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  4. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable Your organization is switching to Microsoft Edge prompt

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Your organization is switching to Microsoft Edge prompt: [IMG]Internet Explorer End-of-life is here and so users in an organization may see the Your organization is switching to Microsoft Edge prompt. This is basically to inform you that if you are still an IE user – Get ready as we will be switching to the Microsoft Edge browser!...
  6. shared microsoft account - how to disable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shared microsoft account - how to disable: On Windows 10 - All of my files loaded on my husband's new laptop. He doesn't need any of it and just wants his own files. How can we delete my files from his laptop without deleting them from all locations? He deleted a sample and got a message that it would delete the file...
  7. shared microsoft account - how to disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shared microsoft account - how to disable: On Windows 10 - All of my files loaded on my husband's new laptop. He doesn't need any of it and just wants his own files. How can we delete my files from his laptop without deleting them from all locations? He deleted a sample and got a message that it would delete the file...
  8. shared microsoft account - how to disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to disable the Use Recommended Browser Settings prompt in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the Use Recommended Browser Settings prompt in Microsoft Edge: This post will show you how you can disable the Use recommended browser settings prompt on your Edge browser. Microsoft has started prompting “Use Microsoft recommended browser settings” in the Edge Chromium that seems the company is now urging or pushing users to use Edge as...
  10. Disable Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Microsoft Edge: I am about to perform a Clean Install of Win 10 Pro and I will be using Google Chrome [ offline installer already downloaded ready ] as my Browser. I do NOT want Microsoft Edge available [ popups, icons etc ]. I know that I can NOT delete it because of the impact that it has...