Windows 10: How to disable Microsoft Family time left reminders

Discus and support How to disable Microsoft Family time left reminders in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I would like to make my son's PC such that he does not get interrupted with reminders about how much time he has left. As it is, when his time is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by banderberg, Jan 23, 2021.

1. How to disable Microsoft Family time left reminders

I would like to make my son's PC such that he does not get interrupted with reminders about how much time he has left.

As it is, when his time is running out, Microsoft Family interrupts the video game he's playing, and because the game is live combat with other players, he often times gets killed because he can't interact with the computer while the reminder is up.

It seems like this should not be that difficult to make Microsoft Family have an option to disable reminders, so when his time is up, the game stops and that's it.

Thanks,
    Barry

:)

banderberg, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 23, 2021
  3. PXMC Win User
    Removing Microsoft Family Account

I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove.

A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix.

"We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft Family Protection, we suggest that you disable the Family Safety feature using Command Prompt. To do so, Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key+ X, then click on Command Prompt (Admin). If ymanually ou are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, enter these commands:
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor" /Disable

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" /Disable

3. Restart your PC.

Unfortunately for me, this does not work.

I get an 'error access is denied', ERROR: Invalid syntax. '/Change' option is not allowed more than '1' time(s) and finally ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" does not exist in the system.

How do i solve this problem?

Thanks, Paul

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

4. How to disable Microsoft Family time left reminders

Lawrence Lib, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Microsoft Family time left reminders

1. How to disable Microsoft Family time left reminders - Similar Threads - disable Microsoft Family

2. How to disable Microsoft Family screen time warning: your time is up in 5 or 15 Minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Family screen time warning: your time is up in 5 or 15 Minutes?: Hi,I was searching for a proper solution to disable my kid's parental controlled computer screen time warning popups.There are two comming, when time is running out: one 15 MInutes and another one 2 Minutes before time is up.Now, It's actually a cool feature, BUT: When my kid...
  3. How to disable Microsoft Family screen time warning: your time is up in 5 or 15 Minutes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Microsoft Family screen time warning: your time is up in 5 or 15 Minutes?: Hi,I was searching for a proper solution to disable my kid's parental controlled computer screen time warning popups.There are two comming, when time is running out: one 15 MInutes and another one 2 Minutes before time is up.Now, It's actually a cool feature, BUT: When my kid...
  4. Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.: Since I'm moving away, I removed my Microsoft account from my Microsoft Family. My account on the Microsoft Family had screen time limits placed on it by my dad. I figured leaving the family would remove the screen time limit, however this hasn't been the case and I'm still...
  5. Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.

Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.: Since I'm moving away, I removed my Microsoft account from my Microsoft Family. My account on the Microsoft Family had screen time limits placed on it by my dad. I figured leaving the family would remove the screen time limit, however this hasn't been the case and I'm still...
  6. disabling microsoft family saftey

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    disabling microsoft family saftey: i want to use my computer but almost every application is blocked by microsoft family "features" i am not a child i dont have any parent or second acount on here who i am asking permission to. i tried to do what other threads already said and it didnt work when i click on the...
  7. disabling microsoft family saftey

disabling microsoft family saftey: i want to use my computer but almost every application is blocked by microsoft family "features" i am not a child i dont have any parent or second acount on here who i am asking permission to. i tried to do what other threads already said and it didnt work when i click on the...
  8. How to disable Microsoft Family Screen time as a Member

How to disable Microsoft Family Screen time as a Member: Hi there! I am a student who works on her computer a lot. I recently enrolled myself in the Microsoft Family account to reduce my screen time. I have two accounts and one of them is accessed to Microsoft and the other one was blocked by Microsoft for "No reason". I've...
  9. How to disable microsoft family features?

How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  10. How to disable microsoft family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...