Windows 10: How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.

Discus and support How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all before I start, let me say that I am furious with microsoft from making changes to and installing software on MY pc WITHOUT my permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by micro.softisinfuriating, Jan 15, 2021.

1. How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.

First of all before I start, let me say that I am furious with microsoft from making changes to and installing software on MY pc WITHOUT my permission. Nevermind my fury, in my country it is ILLEGAL to tamper with any object in my possession without my permission, it is a criminal act! The appropriate charge would be "malicious damage to property" or similar and I will lay charges soon if this is not resolved.

I have tried to disable updates in every way possible, disabling services, registry keys, trying to remove software responsible, but to no avail, I open my computer in the morning and low and behold it has rebooted itself..again..all my unsaved work is lost, my days of time wasted..again...Some random microsoft software has downloaded an update, installed it without my permission and rebooted my machine without my permission and without a care of how it affects me. ****..who does this company think they are to maliciously change code on my device that I own and bought with my hard earned money, to allow themselves to thereafter change code at will.. I have never agreed to this and would never agree to this.

This forum is littered with questions of a similar nature with no clear resolution.. How the @#%$ do I prevent microsoft from rebooting my machine at will and installing code on my machine at will? I DO NOT give microsoft any permission to make any changes or tamper at all with my possessions, let that be clear.

Can an employee or representative of the company please provide me with a resolution that will achieve the desired outcome of leaving ME being in control of the equipment that I own and need to use without any tampering thereof by any third parties,ie. Automatic updates of any and all nature can be disabled unless I choose so and my permission be asked to do make any changes to my system. So that I can make a living and also not waste my time and also retain my sanity also in the process.

:)

micro.softisinfuriating, Jan 15, 2021

2. make computer fully admin

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Note, that being SYSTEM administrator does not allow you an exclusive access. Permissions and ownerships still apply, though as SYSTEM you can change it. I blocked some ransomware by blocking SYSTEM.

TairikuOkami, Jan 15, 2021
  3. You require permission to make changes to this folder

Follow the steps provided by David. F on this
    thread
    on how to change the permissions of the folder.

Let us know if the suggestions help you in resolving the problem.

Regile Reb, Jan 15, 2021
  4. How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.

1. How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission. - Similar Threads - disable microsoft making

2. Is there anyway to stop my computer from taking automatic screenshots without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to stop my computer from taking automatic screenshots without my permission?: My laptop, which runs on Windows 10, somehow keeps taking automatic screenshots of my desktop, and saves it to the clipboard. Every time I try to copy-paste text, it sends an image instead. I've tried right-clicking and using the keyboard shortcut, but nothing changes. I've...
  3. Is there anyway to stop my computer from taking automatic screenshots without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to stop my computer from taking automatic screenshots without my permission?: My laptop, which runs on Windows 10, somehow keeps taking automatic screenshots of my desktop, and saves it to the clipboard. Every time I try to copy-paste text, it sends an image instead. I've tried right-clicking and using the keyboard shortcut, but nothing changes. I've...
  4. Is there anyway to stop my computer from taking automatic screenshots without my permission?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...: I would appreciate if someone could answer this question. On multiple occasions, either Microsoft365 formerly Office365 or Windows have automatically downloaded and installed updates on my computer. I do realize I can pause these updates...for 7 days. But if I am not...
  6. What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...

What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...: I would appreciate if someone could answer this question. On multiple occasions, either Microsoft365 formerly Office365 or Windows have automatically downloaded and installed updates on my computer. I do realize I can pause these updates...for 7 days. But if I am not...
  7. Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update changing settings on my computer without permission: I am so appalled with Windows 10. How dare you automatically install updates without my permission and completely change all my settings so that my computer is now almost unusable. The keyboard layout has been competely altered, I cannot find anything or write at any speed...
  8. My computer went on shut down without admin permission and my permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer went on shut down without admin permission and my permission: While I playing games I found that my computer shutting down without admin permission. After I clean my desktop, I find out that Memory over 95 which it might be system failure, is this reason why my computer shut down without admin permission?...
  9. How do I stop my computer from making folders from pictures without my permission. I don't...

How do I stop my computer from making folders from pictures without my permission. I don't...: I want photos I import to stop system from making folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-making-folders-from/05ed3b7d-c986-43ad-8af1-f45ef4e8931d
  10. Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission: Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches I've encountered have been resolved.....until yesterday. I do not live my life online so the need to create a Microsoft...