Windows 10: How to disable Microsoft Teams

Discus and support How to disable Microsoft Teams in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to prevent Microsoft Teams from starting on my PC during start up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShonSlaven, Nov 1, 2020.

1. How to disable Microsoft Teams

I want to prevent Microsoft Teams from starting on my PC during start up?

:)

ShonSlaven, Nov 1, 2020
  2. reelyard Win User

Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

When you receive a message through Microsoft teams you get a toast notification and the icon flashes. You can choose to have these notifications enabled or not. However, when the "banner" notification is disabled the toolbar icon does not flash at all.

Is there is a way to disable the toast notification but keep the flashing toolbar icon intact?

I have disabled all notifications in the Notifications settings within Windows 10, but the toast notifications are still showing.

Edit

This screenshot is to confirm that Microsoft Teams does not show up within the Notifications & Actions settings window:

How to disable Microsoft Teams 6nWD9.png

Edit 2

The version of Teams I have installed is 1.1.00.10955 (64 bit). It was last updated on 04/05/2018.

Edit 3

There is now a suggestion on Microsoft's User Voice forum surrounding this feature. You can follow it here: Turn off message preview in notification toast

reelyard, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

It appears what you want will not be possible.

Based on, Notifications in MS Teams, the following is true.

The user concluded the following:

So it appears that toast notifications for Microsoft Teams cannot be disabled, still keep the taskbar icon flashing. It's possible the toast notifications still appearing, in the Activity Center even after they are turned off for all applications, is actually a bug with Microsoft Teams though.

Ramhound, Nov 1, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to disable Microsoft Teams

Disabling Microsoft Teams

Hi Tuvy

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

On the Startup tab, is Teams listed there, if so, disable that

If it is not listed on that tab:

Click the link below to download a small free utility that does not require installation

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

When the file downloads, unzip it.

Depending on your system, run Autoruns or Autoruns64 as Administrator

In the Search Box of Autoruns, type teams then right click and delete any entries found . . .

DaveM121, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

How to disable Microsoft Teams

1. How to disable Microsoft Teams - Similar Threads - disable Microsoft Teams

2. How disable autostart Teams?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autostart Teams?: New PC w/ Windows 11 Pro 22H2. One admin login and one limited user. Only local accounts, but some Microsoft apps are signed in to a consumer live.com account. On each new login, both a New Teams and an old Teams launch. I don't want them to launch. All guidance I've found is...
  3. How disable autostart Teams?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autostart Teams?: New PC w/ Windows 11 Pro 22H2. One admin login and one limited user. Only local accounts, but some Microsoft apps are signed in to a consumer live.com account. On each new login, both a New Teams and an old Teams launch. I don't want them to launch. All guidance I've found is...
  4. Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Teams: I have a problem and cannot get it fixed. When I am on MT I can hear team members, but nobody hears me when I try to say something on my headset mic. I am in a team to learn, and I can get any attention on this matter. I can use my cell phone to call in and listen to the...
  5. Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams: I have a problem and cannot get it fixed. When I am on MT I can hear team members, but nobody hears me when I try to say something on my headset mic. I am in a team to learn, and I can get any attention on this matter. I can use my cell phone to call in and listen to the...
  6. Microsoft teams

Microsoft teams: hello is there anyway to download Microsoft Teams onto a Samsung Smart TV without using an in-between interface like casting. PC, or Laptop.Looking for a direct download.Thanks...
  7. MICROSOFT TEAMS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT TEAMS: Hi, I am using my official email to microsoft and wanted to use MS Teams. Downloaded the Tams app. But after signing in its showing sign up for teams. Then I had signed up for Teams as well and signed in to Teams. still that are asking to sign up or use verification mail. But...
  8. Disabling Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Microsoft Teams: Hi there, The login for Microsoft Teams keeps popping up everytime I start my SP7 although I already uninstalled it. How do I prevent this notification from ever appearing on my screen? My unit also randomly shuts down -- any remedies? Thank you....
  9. Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams: for Microsoft Teams download, is a Laptop considered a Desktop or Mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams/3f05781d-c460-48f1-9482-081ee216ee24
  10. Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Teams: My 8 year old daughter's school is using Microsoft teams during the COVID shutdown. They've provided my with her webmail address and instructions on how to launch teams. She is using one of my old laptops which have my Microsoft sign-in; and this appears to be causing a...