Windows 10: How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

Discus and support How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I built several desktop computers and re-imaged a laptop. It seem that the mouse thinks it is a touch pad. Or something like it. After the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DougVillaire, Sep 6, 2022.

1. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

I built several desktop computers and re-imaged a laptop. It seem that the mouse thinks it is a touch pad. Or something like it. After the Windows installation, I try to move icons and open programs, but the mouse is not working correctly. When I try to select a desktop icon with a single-click. The program opens. This also is the same when I select folders in file explorer. Also when I try to select the Windows Start icon. Things open then close. Windows thinks I am double-clicking the icons. Also, the comment where I mentioned the mouse thinks it is a touchpad, has the following symptoms. Wh

:)

DougVillaire, Sep 6, 2022

2. Creator's Update disables FarCry-3 mouse buttons.

Hi,

Outdated or incorrect device drivers may cause the side buttons of your mouse to get disabled after a recent upgrade. For us to effectively assist you in rectifying the mouse button issue, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Is the issue confined to the Far Cry 3 game only?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device aside from the forced update that happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 6, 2022
  3. Mouse Button Disabled

Hi,

Your mouse buttons right and left-click can be assigned, disabled, and enabled in several ways. For us to rectify your query in enabling these mouse pointers, we suggest starting the computer in
    safe mode by following the steps on this article: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10. Check if you encounter
    the same difficulty afterwards. This method has been proven to resolve concerns with programs and drivers that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 6, 2022
  4. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click mouse_properties.gif

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

1. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click - Similar Threads - disable mouse button

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. How to enable/disable the middle mouse button click using only keys on the keybord

How to enable/disable the middle mouse button click using only keys on the keybord: I now there's a way to do this, but I don't know how to do it. It's a ''command'' that I can use by pressing some keys together. Please help....
  5. How to enable/disable the middle mouse button click using only keys on the keybord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable/disable the middle mouse button click using only keys on the keybord: I now there's a way to do this, but I don't know how to do it. It's a ''command'' that I can use by pressing some keys together. Please help....
  6. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click: I built several desktop computers and re-imaged a laptop. It seem that the mouse thinks it is a touch pad. Or something like it. After the Windows installation, I try to move icons and open programs, but the mouse is not working correctly. When I try to select a desktop icon...
  7. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click: I built several desktop computers and re-imaged a laptop. It seem that the mouse thinks it is a touch pad. Or something like it. After the Windows installation, I try to move icons and open programs, but the mouse is not working correctly. When I try to select a desktop icon...
  8. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  9. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  10. Single clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single clicking mouse: Using Windows 8 we could single click to open files etc. How do we do it on Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-clicking-mouse/510d0824-9f14-479e-9b9f-8bd879142c22