Windows 10: How to disable Multicast in Edge?

Discus and support How to disable Multicast in Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried all media router flags, webrtc, etc, but no luck. Edge still tries to connect to 239.255.255.250. I have disabled Multicast in Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TairikuOkami, May 27, 2021.

1. How to disable Multicast in Edge?

I have tried all media router flags, webrtc, etc, but no luck. Edge still tries to connect to 239.255.255.250. I have disabled Multicast in Windows ("EnableMulticast"="0") and it went quiet, now to shut up Edge.

:)

TairikuOkami, May 27, 2021
  2. mike39sm Win User

MDT Multicast

Hello Everyone,

I am new to MDT multicast and was hoping someone can answer my question, I set my MDT server up for multicast and it goes all the way to 99% and I watch it in the WDS console under my deployment share, I can see three clients and when they reach 99% and
    I hit refresh the clients disappear which i think means it reached 100% but then on the client side its rolls back to installing operating system and starts the percent count again. Is multicast on MDT work different, does it first download the image to one
    computer and once downloaded it distributes that one image to all others . I found an article below that explains how it should work but I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly.

Here is the overall process:

• ClientA starts a multicast session to download Win7SP1x86.wim from the MDT/WDS Server.
    • When the broadcast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches 25%, ClientB joins the session in progress. ClientB knows that it missed the first ¼ of the Win7SP1x86.wim file, so it starts writing 25% into its local copy of Win7SP1x86.wim.
    • When the multicast session reaches 100% of Win7SP1x86.wim, ClientA is done and drops off. However, ClientB is still missing the first ¼ of the file, and stays on the multicast chanel as it restarts (rolls back) to zero.
    • Eventually the multicast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches the 25% mark where ClientB first joined. ClientB now has 100% of the file and drops off. No clients are connected, and the server stops broadcasting.

mike39sm, May 27, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    MDT Multicast

Hello Mike,

It seems your question is about deploying a multicast server using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, we suggest that you post your query here in

TechNet
    . Rest assured that you will be guided accordingly in deploying a multicast server.

Regards.

David Haz, May 27, 2021
  4. How to disable Multicast in Edge?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 27, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Multicast in Edge?

1. How to disable Multicast in Edge? - Similar Threads - disable Multicast Edge

2. Always on VPN Multicast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always on VPN Multicast: Hi,We have a software which is installed on staff members computers that connects to a gateway server onsite we would like to use this over VPN for when staff members access it at home, but it doesn't seem to be working over VPN, but works fine on site. The software uses...
  3. Always on VPN Multicast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always on VPN Multicast: Hi,We have a software which is installed on staff members computers that connects to a gateway server onsite we would like to use this over VPN for when staff members access it at home, but it doesn't seem to be working over VPN, but works fine on site. The software uses...
  4. Always on VPN Multicast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  6. How to Disable Try Edge and other Microsoft Edge Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Try Edge and other Microsoft Edge Notifications: I`m trying to solve " ""I`m trying to solve " ""How to Disable Try Edge and other Help Microsoft Notifications"", but Get tips and tricks are already disabled and they still take over my Firefox browser. At times Windows help will appear when i start the computer and a push...
  7. Joined multicast groups limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joined multicast groups limit: What is maximum amount of joined multicast groups by application in windows? (2012R2/2016) For example in Linux, the default one is 20, but it can be increased. I have not found any documentation mentioning it, also anything in registers....
  8. How to disable Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Edge: I would like to disable Edge. Everytime I open my computer, Edge opens and displays Bing. I don't want to use Edge or Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/how-to-disable-edge/2a99ad5b-237e-4b20-ad0a-20d731d5ee0a
  9. How to Disable Plugins in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Disable Plugins in Edge: CCeaner reports 4 plugins enabled in Edge. But, when I click select Extensions form the menu it shows no active plugins. Am I missing something?? James 112275
  10. PC - not accepting multicast

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - not accepting multicast: Hi. I've noticed my PC has stopped receiving multicast traffic. If I boot into safe mode with networking then my application does get multicast.. I've disabled ZoneAlarm and Avast and neither of these have made a difference.. Any ideas what to try next ? Thanks 41870