Windows 10: How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?

Discus and support How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? * Moved from Education * Original title: cam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leblondude, Feb 15, 2019.

1. How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?

how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?

* Moved from Education

* Original title: cam

:)

leblondude, Feb 15, 2019

2. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 15, 2019
  3. elbmek Win User
    Web cams coming on by themselves

Quite a long time ago I saw mention in here of web cams 'watching you'. A few days ago, I noticed the web cam light was on. So I switched the cam off and thought no more of it. 2 days ago, the same. So this time I checked it out and found several apps had 'permission' to use the web cam including Microsoft Edge, 5-6 others, and Skype. Well, Skype yes, thats my authorisation as I speak to my grand kids regularly. But Edge? Anyway, I disabled all but Skype.

elbmek, Feb 15, 2019
  4. How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?

add a cam

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Scroll down to Imaging devices

Right click your built in web cam listed in the device tree then click Disable

Attach the USB web cam the configure it with the appropriate applications.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?

1. How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? - Similar Threads - disable build cam

2. cam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cam: can i take pictures using my external webcamdoes not have a switch for photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam/abebdc53-9663-4b76-a74b-a9c4b331f42e
  3. cam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cam: can i take pictures using my external webcamdoes not have a switch for photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam/abebdc53-9663-4b76-a74b-a9c4b331f42e
  4. cam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my laptop cam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop cam not working: when i upgraded to win 10 latest one it came like spca2082 camera actully my cam was integrated webcam and i my camera app when i open blank screen is coming my device is dell inspiron 5588 and i tried troubleshooting also . please help and i cant see my driver anywhere if i...
  6. Cam and Cam 2 cam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam and Cam 2 cam: I am having trouble with my usb cam and laptop cam. I can see people but they cannot see me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cam-and-cam-2-cam/99a5b7f8-19ee-4132-ab64-eae63656059e
  7. My cam doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cam doesn't work: I have in my laptop the CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver. It says that everything is all right but suddenly the camera doesn't work. The only thing that I have done was to click on "Update and shutdown" last night. I don't know if that's the way of saying it in English, since...
  8. Dash Cam USB Puzzle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dash Cam USB Puzzle: I have a Vantrue X4 Dashcam that can download video files (mp4) through a USB Cable. This work fine on three of my PCs (2 desktops and a laptop, all Dell) but on the fourth desktop it shows up as a USB Mass Storage device, as it should, but disappears in a few seconds. A few...
  9. all my security cams

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all my security cams: After the latest update, i.e., last week i guess the webcam stopped working also all my security cams stopped displaying the video but recorded ok. I tried all the troubleshooting options but to no effect and also under the device manager there is no imaging devices...
  10. Cam on!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cam on!: Tôi xin cảm ơn, mọi thứ như hiệện nay với tôi là ãã đầy đủ rồiCảm ơn nhiều nhiều nhé ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cam-on/57247929-e1d8-418e-beff-b7c85b029e1c