Windows 10: How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

Discus and support How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by meegjaZT, May 6, 2021.

1. meegjaZT Win User

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This thing is forced down our throats and really should be an opt-in feature. MS really is adding more and more BS :

:)

meegjaZT, May 6, 2021

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 6, 2021
  4. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 6, 2021
Thema:

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

1. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar? - Similar Threads - disable News Interests

2. How can I disable the Weather icon on taskbar? "News and Interests" is not listed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the Weather icon on taskbar? "News and Interests" is not listed.: My weather icon seems to be broken and never loads correct. It leaves just a newspaper icon:I would like to disable it and have searched for the problem. Most people suggest right-clicking the taskbar and going to News and Interests, but it is not an option for me:Others also...
  3. How can I disable the Weather icon on taskbar? "News and Interests" is not listed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the Weather icon on taskbar? "News and Interests" is not listed.: My weather icon seems to be broken and never loads correct. It leaves just a newspaper icon:I would like to disable it and have searched for the problem. Most people suggest right-clicking the taskbar and going to News and Interests, but it is not an option for me:Others also...
  4. How can I disable the Weather icon on taskbar? "News and Interests" is not listed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  6. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  7. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  8. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  9. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  10. Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default!

Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default!: I hate Microsoft added and enabled the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default. The feature will waste computer resources and most people won't use it. More devices will have the new feature as Microsoft pushes the update. This is not a good thing for me. I hope...