Windows 10: How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode

Discus and support How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To make it clear I want the pc to be incapable of sleep mode even if it is selected in the power settings. IE sleep after x minutes is selected the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by turnip_879, Mar 16, 2019.

1. How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode

To make it clear I want the pc to be incapable of sleep mode even if it is selected in the power settings. IE sleep after x minutes is selected the PC should still NOT go into sleep mode. Even if a command is issued to go into sleep mode it should return an error.

:)

turnip_879, Mar 16, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

Definitely disable sleep and hibernation modes. I set the monitor to power off after 3 minutes on my server and 15 minutes on my desktops. I turn desktops off at night if they aren't working on something.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 16, 2019
  4. How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode

Sleep mode does not disable on Windows 10

I have the same issues:

• I have all the updates.
    • I disabled sleep in every way possible (please don't offer instructions on how to disable sleep...I already did this).
    • After about two minutes of inactivity, the computer enters sleep mode.
    • One way that I found to prevent this from happening is by running Amazon's music app and a playlist. While the playlist is running, the computer doesn't enter sleep mode.
    I know I'm not the only one with this issue and have seen requests for help on various websites. What's frustrating is that the responses typically include the standard instructions for disabling sleep mode, which doesn't work.

Gary A DePaul, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode

1. How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode - Similar Threads - DISABLE turn off

2. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  3. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  4. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Using sleep mode just turns off the screen of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using sleep mode just turns off the screen of my pc: When I put my PC into sleep mode, after shaking my mouse or pressing a key, the PC is already logged in and is at exactly where I left it. Usually when I put my PC in sleep mode it starts at the lock screen and requires me to login each time. Until a few days ago since when...
  6. Using sleep mode just turns off the screen of my pc

Using sleep mode just turns off the screen of my pc: When I put my PC into sleep mode, after shaking my mouse or pressing a key, the PC is already logged in and is at exactly where I left it. Usually when I put my PC in sleep mode it starts at the lock screen and requires me to login each time. Until a few days ago since when...
  7. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option for the power button to turn off the display without going to sleep. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot....
  8. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option to turn off the display when the power button is pressed. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot. Earlier I...
  9. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option to turn off the display when the power button is pressed. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot. Earlier I...
  10. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable sleep mode for ever