Windows 10: How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

Discus and support How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AstralBeams, Jul 20, 2020.

1. How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder within the documents folder that is taking up a lot of my OneDrive space. Is there any way to turn off sync for this specific folder or do I have to unsync all files in my documents folder?

:)

AstralBeams, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Auto-upload of photos to OneDrive occurs because there is no Group Policy
    setting to disable the Camera roll upload photos and videos option.

I suggest you to try the resolution suggested in How to prevent
    pictures from being auto-uploaded to OneDrive
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Thumbnails for files won’t be displayed if the File Explorer is configured to show icons instead of thumbnails.

You may turn on Thumbnails and check if it works:

• Open File Explorer and click on the
      File
      menu.
    • Choose Change folder and search options to open
      Folder Options.
    • Click on the ‘View’ tab, and under
      Advanced Settings
      , uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Apply the changes.
    • Restart File Explorer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may clear the thumbnail cache.

Clear thumbnail cache:

• Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      cleanmgr
    • Select the drive, and check the box for Thumbnails.
    • Click OK and wait for the cache to be cleared.

I suggest you to post a feedback in the Feedback Hub
    to bring back Filmstrip viewer, so that our developer team can have a look into it and include it in the upcoming updates.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Camera Roll not auto-uploading on Lumia 950 W10M despite enabling auto-uploading

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

From what you have described, it looks like you have disabled the auto-upload to SkyDrive/OneDrive option disabled.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Open settings

2. Open Applications and look for Photos/Camera

3. Look for Auto Upload option.

4. If you are able to locate it, enable the option to upload it to SkyDrive and check if it helps.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 20, 2020
  4. rezasarfi Win User

How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

auto upload photos in onedrive

how to auto upload photos in OneDrive?

do I need any app?

rezasarfi, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

1. How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders? - Similar Threads - disable OneDrive auto

2. OneDrive automatic screenshot uploading is disabled, but they keep getting uploaded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive automatic screenshot uploading is disabled, but they keep getting uploaded...: Hello,I seem to be having issues with OneDrive on my windows 11 machine. First, I want to be clear that I do not want my screenshots to be backed up or uploaded to the cloud automatically. I noticed that OneDrive was saving them by default on the cloud. I erased them, and I...
  3. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. Onedrive auto uploading images

6. how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?

how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?: Hi, i would like to stop onedrive from uploading my temp picture folder and filling it up and giving me "ALMOST FULL, GIVE ME MONEY" message all the time. I would just uninstall it but getting all my stuff back will be just as much trouble. Really do enjoy these user friendly...
  7. How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders: I find this excruciatingly frustrating as a UX perspective. I want to sort the items in my folder the way I want them. Not by date, not by name, not some group by, etc. I like it the way it is in my desktop. I have it ordered manually the way I like it, why can't I do the...
  8. Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive: I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!! I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of photos I have on this new PC. The fixes provided by the MS online help have caused me to sit with a FULL one drive, and 100% of...
  9. How do I disable automatic uploads to OneDrive?

How do I disable automatic uploads to OneDrive?: How do I disable automatic uploads to OneDrive? 65392
  10. Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?: Hey, Anybody happen to know how to disable Win 10 auto arranging files in a folder? You can obviously sort them in numerous way, but for certain folders I want to be able to manually rearrange my files (folders that contain music tracks). Apparently in WIn 8.1 you could...