Windows 10: How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update

Discus and support How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to disable the optional updates that shows up in the windows update window. It's mainly for driver's.I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Davy49, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Davy49 Win User

How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update

Hi,
    I'm trying to figure out how to disable the optional updates that shows up in the windows update window. It's mainly for driver's.I've tried to find the answer on my own, I've looked for that setting in the Group Policy Editor but couldn't find anything that said 'Optional Updates'.
    Thanks,
    David *Huh

:)

Davy49, Sep 26, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update :)

Thermopylae_480, Sep 26, 2019
  4. How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update

Windows updates...

You cant just disable it anymore.
    djlizard.net

*Toast :toast:

wazzledoozle, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update

1. How To Disable 'Optional Updates' in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Disable 'Optional Updates'

2. How to disable windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows update?: Okay, so this is something really annoying about Windows 10. Automatic windows updates. I don't mind having Windows updating when I want it to; but I don't want to update Windows every time I turn on my PC. Annoying. Is there any way to disable automatic windows updates and...
  3. How to disable windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows update?: Okay, so this is something really annoying about Windows 10. Automatic windows updates. I don't mind having Windows updating when I want it to; but I don't want to update Windows every time I turn on my PC. Annoying. Is there any way to disable automatic windows updates and...
  4. How to disable windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows updates: Serious problem with the Intel Ethernet driver update, that just rolled out. It knocked out the ethernet adapter for 2 different computers. One was a small Intel NUC, the other is a Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny M720. Both are running Windows 11. Until Microsoft fixes that driver....
  6. How to disable windows updates

How to disable windows updates: Serious problem with the Intel Ethernet driver update, that just rolled out. It knocked out the ethernet adapter for 2 different computers. One was a small Intel NUC, the other is a Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny M720. Both are running Windows 11. Until Microsoft fixes that driver....
  7. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  8. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  9. How to Disable Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Windows Update: Now You Might Be Wondering How To Disable Windows Updates, If You Need Help Disabling Windows Updates, You've Come to the Right Place! There are 3 Ways to Disable Windows Updates: 1. Press Win + R to Open Run. Then Type services.msc. Then Scroll Down until you Find the...
  10. How to disable Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable Windows update: The last several Windows updates have done damage to my computer. The updates are KB4100347, KB4464218 and Feature update to Windows 10 Version 1809. Each one of these updates have caused a warning window to appear after attempting to restart which reads "Operating system did...