Windows 10: How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM?

Discus and support How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Guys, Does someone knows how can be disabled standby RAM or set limit for maximum standby RAM size? I don't need dumb solutions for cleaning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ventsislav Alexandriyski, Jun 24, 2020.

1. How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM?

Hello Guys,

Does someone knows how can be disabled standby RAM or set limit for maximum standby RAM size?

I don't need dumb solutions for cleaning standby RAM because it immediately starts to increase again until occupy all free RAM

:)

Ventsislav Alexandriyski, Jun 24, 2020

2. Standby/CACHE RAM Limitation setting or program for Windows 10

I Need to figure out how to change a setting in windows to set a Maximum Standby Memory or Cached memory to a limit of my choosing. I know people already say Windows 10 requires more cached ram so the operating system is "Faster". But i don't want Windows
    hogging 4GB of RAM when it could be used for something else. I've looked at other posts about C++ being an option but i am not a programmer. Is there a good trustworthy freeware or Command line code i don't know about that can permanently change this setting?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Fate Stay Arch, Jun 24, 2020
  3. t0yz Win User
    Gaming, frametimes and not releasing "Standby List" RAM

Clean boot has nothing to do with caching. I am using a minimalistic Windows 10 install regardless, without 3rd party antivirus and the only non-Microsoft drivers loaded are for my motherboard (from Intel) and for my videocard (Nvidia).

This is about CACHING. If you've read the first post, you would see Windows 10 caches files into Standby List from games I have not used in 3 months or more.

This is easy to 100% reproduce by running Battle.Net from Blizzard and allowing to update some games. It will quickly cache huge files into your RAM, not just executables, but those big data files worth hundreds of MB.

Caching like this is FINE.

The issue appears if you have "just" 16GB RAM and you want to launch another game.
    Instead of the cached files being purged from RAM, they are kept there and it has a significant impact on performance. You can clear the cached files from RAMMAP by Empty Standby List. This eliminates all issues. There's a DOS command too for
    it.

What I am arguing for is smarter cache management from Windows and eliminating the need to manually clear the Standby List (or reboot). Windows 10 should know that a modern game is very demanding on resources and release the large files from cache.

Again, nothing to do with what you normally see in Task Manager. These are programs that are CLOSED, not running at the same time, they are not even launched for months, yet because of some update or scan (Windows Defender, if it scans files, some will land
    in cache too...) they are loaded into Standby List RAM and stay there until manually purged or a reboot.

I hope this issue is more clear now.

4. Sasqui Win User

How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM?

1. How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM? - Similar Threads - disable set limit

2. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  3. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  4. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to disable cpu limit

how to disable cpu limit: my CPU has a limited 27%, not 100%, this is annoying because its very lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-cpu-limit/085e52be-d72f-4d67-8498-3b03db966067
  6. how to disable cpu limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable cpu limit: my CPU has a limited 27%, not 100%, this is annoying because its very lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-cpu-limit/085e52be-d72f-4d67-8498-3b03db966067
  7. how to disable cpu limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10

How can I limit standby/cache memory in windows 10: HiWhen my PC starts up there is 7GB of memory set aside as cache/standby. As I use my PC through the day and over the course of a couple of days this goes up until there is around 25GB cached. When it gets to this point starting an application that requires a lot of memory...
  9. I would like to disable or set a limit on standby Memory.

I would like to disable or set a limit on standby Memory.: I have been using RamMap to remove StandBy Memory for a long time and it works fine bu I already know that StandBy memory is memory that is available, but I also know that when running VM those VM run a lot faster when I clear the StandBy memory. I am looking for a how to...
  10. How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM?

How to disable or set limit to windows 10 standby RAM?: Hello Guys, Does someone knows how can be disabled standby RAM or set limit for maximum standby RAM size? I don't need dumb solutions for cleaning standby RAM because it immediately starts to increase again until occupy all free RAM I have good computer skills and I don't...