Windows 10: How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?

Discus and support How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new acer laptop with ELAN touchpad driver. Am not able to use keyboard and touchpad at the same time(when i hold the key , the touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BhamaRajagopalan, Jul 21, 2019.

1. How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?

I bought a new acer laptop with ELAN touchpad driver. Am not able to use keyboard and touchpad at the same time(when i hold the key , the touchpad freezes). I had the same issue on another laptop with synaptics and got it fixed through registry. I dont know what to do to disable palm tracking in this case.

:)

BhamaRajagopalan, Jul 21, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 21, 2019
  3. bartjunited, Jul 21, 2019
  4. How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?

TouchPad problem

hmmm had mixed response with this

I enabled the reg fix for palm tracking OFF - touchpad stopped working completely even after the stop/start touchpad bit
    then did the fix for ON and still did nothing

restarted a laptop a couple of times and touchpad is back working so not sure if these reg fixes have done anything or not?
    how can i check?

bartjunited, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?

1. How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad? - Similar Threads - disable palm tracking

2. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.: Yes, I went to settings and checked. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to device manager. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to the registry and checked every last thing and no, none of those disable it.Please I just want to be able to use my...
  3. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.: Yes, I went to settings and checked. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to device manager. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to the registry and checked every last thing and no, none of those disable it.Please I just want to be able to use my...
  4. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Elan Touchpad Disable

Elan Touchpad Disable: After update 20H2 the Elan Touchpad on my HP Pavillion that had been previously disabled became re-enabled. I went to device manager to disable but found that the ability to disable is no longer an option. I uninstalled device using the device manager and it re-installs...
  6. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  7. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  8. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  9. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  10. Palm tracking unable to set (Touchpad)

Palm tracking unable to set (Touchpad): When I enter the settings for my Synaptics device settings, the palm tracking is grayed out and I'm unable to fix it. Can someone help me? 67700

Users found this page by searching for:

1. palm tracking sensitivity elan

2. elan palm tracking regitry

3. how to disable acer elan

4. elan clickpad hp,
  5. elan touchpad disable palm check,
  6. elan clickpad windows 10 palm tracking off,
  7. disable elan touchpad in windows,
  8. how to disable palmtracking in elan,
  9. palm rejection touchpad windows 10 elan