Windows 10: How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10

Discus and support How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this problem, when I open the file explorer I get all my files with item check boxes on it, even if I don't select anything. Before, item check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelinaBordone, Sep 13, 2021.

1. How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10

I have this problem, when I open the file explorer I get all my files with item check boxes on it, even if I don't select anything. Before, item check boxes appear on selected items only wich was really usefull. Now items with boxes occupy lot of space. The only thing I can do is to remove them permanently turning off item check boxes - see figure, but with it also goes away the posibility to have check boxes on selected files. How can I go back to the previous state the only thing I did was to install WSL in developer mode, but then I turned developer mode off?Thank you so much

:)

MelinaBordone, Sep 13, 2021
  2. EpsylonDH Win User

How do I PERMANENTLY disable Window Ink for Windows 10 Pro 1803

I tried it, and after restarting the changes I made to these services persisted, but the "Use Windows Ink" box checked itself again... I tried unchecking it and restarting again for a double check, no effect :/

Still, thanks for the suggestion.

EpsylonDH, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Winuser Win User
    Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

On my computer it's in the Show Hidden Icons box. It's listed as PC status.

How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10 [​IMG]

Winuser, Sep 13, 2021
  4. How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10

How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10

1. How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable permanent item

2. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  3. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  4. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 11 Item Check Boxes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Item Check Boxes.: Windows 11 File Explorer has an option as before to single click or double click to open a file. Also it is possible to show or not show "Item Check Boxes". The "Show" option at the bottom of the "View" menu item. When the preview pane is on, and we have chosen to show check...
  6. Win 11 Item Check Boxes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Item Check Boxes.: Windows 11 File Explorer has an option as before to single click or double click to open a file. Also it is possible to show or not show "Item Check Boxes". The "Show" option at the bottom of the "View" menu item. When the preview pane is on, and we have chosen to show check...
  7. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  8. How to disable check box on files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable check box on files: I'm having an issue with this annoying box that appears at either the top left of a desktop icon or on the left of any file I'm viewing in the File Explorer. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? [img] [img] 112640
  9. Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Item check boxes to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use check boxes to make selecting multiple items in any order easier to do in File Explorer and on your desktop in Windows....
  10. Turn On or Off Select Items using Check Boxes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Select Items using Check Boxes in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Select Items using Check Boxes in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Use Check Boxes to Select Items in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use check boxes to make selecting multiple items in any order easier to do in File Explorer and on your...