Windows 10: How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them?

Discus and support How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and when I open photos from my SD card that are in CR2 format through the Photos app or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William_Whiteley, Nov 23, 2022.

1. How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them?

I am using Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and when I open photos from my SD card that are in CR2 format through the Photos app or Photos Classic, it shows the photo as normal for two seconds or so, then shows a lightened or darkened version of the photo, and it stays that way when the photo is exported somewhere else. It messes with the colors and quality, I was wondering how to disable this. I have not found how to so far.

:)

William_Whiteley, Nov 23, 2022

2. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance
    your photos'' in the settings under Viewing and editing, but I do not have that option, as you can see in the screenshot I've attached below. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Edit: I might all add that once opening the RAW photos in the Photos app and after they are auto enhanced they also appear auto enhanced in other image viewing apps, which is completely ludicrous. Only app that displays the images correctly is QuickLook
    preview.

How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them? c078d6d3-b2b6-4ed7-924f-0fef3237b0ca?upload=true.png

Rolands Zilvinskis, Nov 23, 2022
  3. jongreeny Win User
    Disable auto enhance images on windows 11 photos app

I would like to disable the auto enhance my photos option on the photos app in windows 11. For some reason there doesnt seem to be an option to disable it on the windows 11 home version. This was an option in the settings on my windows 10 pc. I just want to use the app to preview my raw photo files from my camera- it really frustrates me that it auto enhances the photos.

Anyone know how to do this?

jongreeny, Nov 23, 2022
  4. How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them?

Windows 10 Photo App Enhance

Hello Jana,

To turn off the auto-enhance feature of the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start and type Photos then hit
      Enter
    • On the lower left side panel, click Settings.
    • Under Automatically enhance my photos, just move the slider to
      Off.

Hope this helps.

Devlin Sco, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them?

1. How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them? - Similar Threads - disable photos app

2. How to disable auto enhance on photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto enhance on photos.: This standard advice below doesn't work. Clicking the gear opens settings but there is no "Automatically enhance my photos" switch to turn on or off.I have heard this problem has been corrected, but it's still a problem on my copy. I simply want to open and view my original...
  3. How to disable auto enhance on photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto enhance on photos.: This standard advice below doesn't work. Clicking the gear opens settings but there is no "Automatically enhance my photos" switch to turn on or off.I have heard this problem has been corrected, but it's still a problem on my copy. I simply want to open and view my original...
  4. Auto enhancment of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto enhancment of photos: So if I want to look at photos on my Windows 11 they are automaticlly adjusted to be brighter or darker then original. How can i stop that? Thabks for replies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-enhancment-of-photos/55aef43d-e195-4906-96d9-04d3232dc290
  5. Auto enhancment of photos

Auto enhancment of photos: So if I want to look at photos on my Windows 11 they are automaticlly adjusted to be brighter or darker then original. How can i stop that? Thabks for replies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-enhancment-of-photos/55aef43d-e195-4906-96d9-04d3232dc290
  6. Auto- enhance Photos

Auto- enhance Photos: Hello,Please help. I'm really frustrated with my Photos app.I shoot in RAW CR2 format and whenever I open my photos, they're auto enhanced and I know from a number of post, it's no longer an option to switch this off, but even when I use other apps to view the photos, they...
  7. How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them?

How to disable photos app from "auto enhancing" my photos when I open them?: I am using Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and when I open photos from my SD card that are in CR2 format through the Photos app or Photos Classic, it shows the photo as normal for two seconds or so, then shows a lightened or darkened version of the photo, and...
  8. How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?

How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?: I like doing photography, and how I take photos e.g. light, color, and white balance natively in the camera is very deliberate. And once I import them onto my computer, I want to blow them up to see and compare them as they are. But, I can't do that, because the Photos app...
  9. Photo App Auto Enhance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Auto Enhance: I would like to disable the auto enhance feature of the photos app. I understand in a previous version, one was able to turn it off in the photos application settings under viewing and editing but now the option is no more. A normal unedited version of the photo will show...
  10. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable auto enhance in Photos app: Hi, I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance your...