Windows 10: How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?

Discus and support How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This Q has been asked several times already and none of the suggestions work. I thought the problem was with Microsoft Photos app - so I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by P.White, Jan 10, 2021.

1. P.White Win User

How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?

This Q has been asked several times already and none of the suggestions work. I thought the problem was with Microsoft Photos app - so I downloaded another photo app and made it default, but the problem continued. It doesn't matter to which folder the photos are saved.

If you download 10 photos from FaceBook, you have to close the photos app 10 times!

This problem has only just started recently for me.

:)

P.White, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Celynn126 Win User

How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download?
    If I want them opened, I'll open them myself. The pop-ups when downloading images is very annoying.

Celynn126, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

Hi JamesAderman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you referring to the pictures in Windows photos app??

If yes, you can proceed with the following steps.

You can exclude the pictures showing in the Downloads folder from the Microsoft Photos app, by following the below steps.

1. Launch the Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the ellipse icon >
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on
      X mark next to Downloads folder.
    Microsoft Photos app will not display the downloaded pictures.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 10, 2021
  4. How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?

Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?

1. How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures? - Similar Threads - disable Photos automatically

2. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows

How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows: Hi,Every time I open a picture Microsoft Photos opens in a new window. How do I disable it from opening multiple windows?I couldn't find any options in settings.Thanks...
  6. How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows: Hi,Every time I open a picture Microsoft Photos opens in a new window. How do I disable it from opening multiple windows?I couldn't find any options in settings.Thanks...
  7. photos app automatically downloading from onedrive

photos app automatically downloading from onedrive: I have Windows 10 and am storing all my photos in the cloud on Onedrive. I don't want them on my hard drive. Periodically, the photos app starts downloading them from Onedrive without me initiating it. I've tried cancelling the download and blocking the app, but it just...
  8. Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures

Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures: The Photos app has an archive of photos from the past and present. When I open the photo app, I see photos from 2007 to present 2020 and can't download them. I sign in to my Microsoft OneDrive account and don't see the photos. Three questions: How can I download the...
  9. How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa: Every day when I bring up the Picasa home page it automatically starts to download photos from OneDrive. I now have 45,000+ photo duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates, etc. etc. of unwanted photos. How can I put a stop to this daily problem? Thank you!...
  10. How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?: Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download? If I want them opened,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop downloaded jpg frpm opening on windows