Windows 10: How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

Discus and support How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Celynn126, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Celynn126 Win User

How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download? If I want them opened, I'll open them myself. The pop-ups when downloading images is very annoying.

:)

Celynn126, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Celynn126 Win User

Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download?
    If I want them opened, I'll open them myself. The pop-ups when downloading images is very annoying.

Celynn126, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 30, 2019
  4. How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures? - Similar Threads - disable Photos automatically

2. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows

How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows: Hi,Every time I open a picture Microsoft Photos opens in a new window. How do I disable it from opening multiple windows?I couldn't find any options in settings.Thanks...
  6. How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Photos from open multiple winwindows: Hi,Every time I open a picture Microsoft Photos opens in a new window. How do I disable it from opening multiple windows?I couldn't find any options in settings.Thanks...
  7. How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?

How to disable Photos from automatically opening downloaded pictures?: This Q has been asked several times already and none of the suggestions work. I thought the problem was with Microsoft Photos app - so I downloaded another photo app and made it default, but the problem continued. It doesn't matter to which folder the photos are saved. If...
  8. Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures

Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures: The Photos app has an archive of photos from the past and present. When I open the photo app, I see photos from 2007 to present 2020 and can't download them. I sign in to my Microsoft OneDrive account and don't see the photos. Three questions: How can I download the...
  9. photos open automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photos open automatically: when I download a photo from internet it automatically opens. how can I stop that? tia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-open-automatically/4e51b04b-113a-44e9-918a-edac6d9d7801
  10. How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos

How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos: Hi to all, I'm fairly incompetent with my Windows 10, so I found a set of photos from years ago in Google photos and want to combine them in the Microsoft photos app. Please someone tell me how in simple terms....