Windows 10: How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works

Discus and support How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works in Cortana to solve the problem; Current Windows install: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Build: 17134.407 What I get when clicking the notebook icon. Have clicked in every... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hedero, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Hedero Win User

How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works

Current Windows install:

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
    • Version: 1803
    • Build: 17134.407

What I get when clicking the notebook icon. Have clicked in every card in both tabs "Organizer" and "Manage Skills". There is no "Pick up where you left off option".

How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works 87ebe453-3737-4202-9485-038728f550f2?upload=true.png

Any ideas on how to disable it?

:)

Hedero, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Dec 8, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable "pickup where you left off"? None of the posted solutions here and the web works - Similar Threads - disable pickup where

2. How do you post a solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you post a solution?: Nivlac84 posted they can only hear from one side of their Plantronic 800HD headphones. I had the same problem. The solution for me was to drop the format to 44100 from 48000. I know have stereo again!...
  3. How do you post a solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you post a solution?: Nivlac84 posted they can only hear from one side of their Plantronic 800HD headphones. I had the same problem. The solution for me was to drop the format to 44100 from 48000. I know have stereo again!...
  4. None of the Teredo solutions here or anywhere else works on Win 10 Home.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    None of the Teredo solutions here or anywhere else works on Win 10 Home.: Hello! I have Windows 10 Home. GPedit is installed manually. Some info first. - Teredo adapter dosent exist "hidden" in Device Manager, and dosent exist in list of Netwrok Hardware to install. - I tried to enable Teredo with powershell. Not working. - Added Teredo...
  5. Pickup where you left not working LOL

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pickup where you left not working LOL: - Hey Microsoft why are you collecting data whenever I breath or not for a year now ? = How did you know ? - I have a firewall , I browse folders explorer.exe connects online and try to report it , I run settings and settings.exe tries to connect online to report changes ,...
  6. How do you find a question on here that you posted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you find a question on here that you posted: I have Windows 10, 64 bit. How do you find a question that you posted in this website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-a-question-on-here-that-you-posted/a06c7717-657f-415e-a57a-c24bc7d6e45e
  7. Pick Up Where You Left Off - Stopped working after 1809 Feature Update.

in Cortana
    Pick Up Where You Left Off - Stopped working after 1809 Feature Update.: 1809 came through today. Pick up where you left off is only showing previous days - nothing I've done currently shows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pick-up-where-you-left-off-stopped-working-after/d647db9d-ccf2-4cfe-9b63-bb7ffe101eb1"
  8. Hown to disable - pickup where you left off (Cortana)

in Cortana
    Hown to disable - pickup where you left off (Cortana): I did a search and followed the instructions but can't disable this feature. Maybe the instructions to disable where for an older version of Windows 10? Someone please help. This feature is quite annoying. Thanks...
  9. How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?

in Cortana
    How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?: All of the search results that I found from many websites/forum, all points back to the same thing - go to the Notebook tab, find said feature, turn it off then Saves... With no alternative solution anywhere. - The first issue is... Cortana is not available in my country,...
  10. How do you delete a entry you have posted on here ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you delete a entry you have posted on here ????: Hi, Will some one please let me know , Which "Tool" you can use on here to "Delete" A post you have already made on "Ask a Question" ????...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off pick up where i left off in windows 10