Windows 10: How to disable pin expiraton?

Discus and support How to disable pin expiraton? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Around the beginning of this year 2022 I suddenly started to receive unskippable windows 10 Pin change requests every month or so. I can't use the old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HannesMäeorg, May 18, 2022.

1. How to disable pin expiraton?

Around the beginning of this year 2022 I suddenly started to receive unskippable windows 10 Pin change requests every month or so. I can't use the old pin and I am required to come up with new PINs every time. I've used the same pin for like 10 years and it's really frustrating to come up with new PIN numbers every month, that I can also remember. It's my personal PC and I really do not need or want to change the PIN so often, In fact I barely need PIN at all. It causes more trouble than it solves. I am now typing my PIN wrong constantly because all of the PIN changes. I also have to update

:)

HannesMäeorg, May 18, 2022

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, May 18, 2022
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 18, 2022
  4. How to disable pin expiraton?

Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, May 18, 2022
Thema:

How to disable pin expiraton?

1. How to disable pin expiraton? - Similar Threads - disable pin expiraton

2. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  3. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  4. How to disable pin expiraton?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable pin expiraton?: Around the beginning of this year 2022 I suddenly started to receive unskippable windows 10 Pin change requests every month or so. I can't use the old pin and I am required to come up with new PINs every time. I've used the same pin for like 10 years and it's really...
  5. How to disable pin expiraton?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable pin expiraton?: Around the beginning of this year 2022 I suddenly started to receive unskippable windows 10 Pin change requests every month or so. I can't use the old pin and I am required to come up with new PINs every time. I've used the same pin for like 10 years and it's really...
  6. How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?: As stated in the subject line, does anyone know how to disable having to change the Windows Hello PIN every couple months? I tried changing some of the registry editor values, in particular I followed the steps in this link:...
  7. How to disable password and pin request?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable password and pin request?: I updated to the latest Windows 10 version 2004. Before this update, I could disable PIN in the settings. But I cannot find this function now. I don’t want to change registry....
  8. How to disable pin ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pin ?: I would like to disable pin when I turn on my computer, I only want windows to ask me for pin when I lock the screen. Found the solution here https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/sign-in-user-account-automatically-at-windows-10-startup.6799/ submitted by /u/peyoteftw...
  9. How to disable the pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable the pin: How do you disable the login on the pin at startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-pin/09eec760-5a7b-4d65-80e5-f7139b87a129"
  10. how to disable pin on lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to disable pin on lock screen?: Hello, Is it possible to remove the passcode upon laptop, windows 10, start up? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-on-lock-screen/e02b2fa0-ffc5-4b6a-87d2-7f1e88c9b4ef