Windows 10: How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

Discus and support How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The requirement is to remove the pin option from remote desktop application through the intune policy. I didn't find any template or setting catalogue... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shivani Baraskar, Apr 16, 2024.

1. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

The requirement is to remove the pin option from remote desktop application through the intune policy. I didn't find any template or setting catalogue in the portal related to this.Can it be done through OMA-URI and if yes how to do that ?Appreciate your responses

:)

Shivani Baraskar, Apr 16, 2024

2. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

Afternoon all,

I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team cannot find the Fast Startup setting on the AVD. I am just wondering if it exists on AVD and if it does, where it would be?

Thanks!

Olly

Olly Anthony, Apr 16, 2024
  3. ashillo Win User
    Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a way to disable using PIN to access remote desktop app. Currently, I am not able to switch it off when connecting to remote desktop even though I would rather use the password to sign in than the PIN.

Thanks

ashillo, Apr 16, 2024
  4. AndyHaley Win User

How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

Microsoft Remote Desktop app AVD subscription blocks local client connections

I am running the current version of the Remote Desktop app on my PC. I have an active feed subscription to my work AVD environment registered in the app. However, I also wish to use the app to access local resources on my network via standard RDP. It seems the only way I can use the app to access local resources is to unsubscribe from my work AVD subscription, which is an annoyance.

Even when I try to run the Remote Desktop app via command line using a .rdp file, I get the following error:

"We've blocked the connection because the connection information was tampered with."

Am I missing something, or does the Remote Desktop app simply block local resource connections when there is an active feed subscription?

Thanks.

AndyHaley, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

1. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy? - Similar Threads - disable pin option

2. AVD Remote Desktop App for Android.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AVD Remote Desktop App for Android.: As I know, the Remote Desktop client for Windows supports multi monitor. Do the Remote Desktop App for Android also support multi monitor? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avd-remote-desktop-app-for-android/ed9005e5-7640-4f1d-ad53-ae96c1470c78
  3. AVD Remote Desktop App for Android.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVD Remote Desktop App for Android.: As I know, the Remote Desktop client for Windows supports multi monitor. Do the Remote Desktop App for Android also support multi monitor? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avd-remote-desktop-app-for-android/ed9005e5-7640-4f1d-ad53-ae96c1470c78
  4. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?: The requirement is to remove the pin option from remote desktop application through the intune policy. I didn't find any template or setting catalogue in the portal related to this.Can it be done through OMA-URI and if yes how to do that ?Appreciate your responses...
  5. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?: The requirement is to remove the pin option from remote desktop application through the intune policy. I didn't find any template or setting catalogue in the portal related to this.Can it be done through OMA-URI and if yes how to do that ?Appreciate your responses...
  6. How to disable a scheduled Reboot policy on intune?

How to disable a scheduled Reboot policy on intune?: I created a custom OMA-URI Settings withOMA-URI: ./Vendor/MSFT/Reboot/Schedule/DailyRecurrentString: 12/26/2023 4:00:00 AMAfter few days I deleted the policy using the 3 dot delete action. but It will still require all computers to reboot everyday.here is the steps I have...
  7. Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app: Hello,I was just wondering if there is a way to disable using PIN to access remote desktop app. Currently, I am not able to switch it off when connecting to remote desktop even though I would rather use the password to sign in than the PIN.Thanks...
  8. Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app: Hello,I was just wondering if there is a way to disable using PIN to access remote desktop app. Currently, I am not able to switch it off when connecting to remote desktop even though I would rather use the password to sign in than the PIN.Thanks...
  9. Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

10. Remote Desktop option disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop option disabled: Hi Team, I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop . i can see option for Remote access .Could you please help me how to get Remote Desktop option . Thanks Madhu 36392