Windows 10: How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?

Discus and support How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How can I turn off login pin or fingerprint? [Original Title: Log on]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Marty8560, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Marty8560 Win User

How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?

How can I turn off login pin or fingerprint?

[Original Title: Log on]

:)

Marty8560, Dec 30, 2020

2. cant login with pin or fingerprint

Hello, I bought a new laptop a few days ago. Everything works normally when i set a fingerprint or a pin and it works normally when it wwant authentication on a mirosoft store, but my login to windows does not work. pin login is not displayed at all and
    when i try use the fingerprint it makes sound like it is not the correct fingerprint and i have to login with my password. (i have a TPM chip inside and i tried to erase memory but it didnt work. and a have no errors)

this is the website with the notebook: https://www.czc.cz/hp-probook-455-g7-stribrna_3/288257/produkt

Honza Obst, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

I have an HP EliteBook 830 G6 laptop,

with a usb fingerprint reader.

I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Build 19041.508.

I use domain account: OnPremise AS + Office365

two months ago I configured Windows Hello PIN + FingerPrint following these steps:

1. Set 3 policy: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Hello for Business in "not configured"
    2. Set 3 policy: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometry (Biometria) in "Enabled"
      1. Consenti utilizzo della biometria
      2. Consenti agli utenti di accedere utilizzando la biometria
      3. Consenti agli utenti di dominio di accedere utilizzando la biometria
    3. In gpedit: Administrative Templates - System - Logon - Enable "Turn on convenience PIN sign in"
    4. Run - regedit - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] - create a Dword32 key - AllowDoaminPINLogon - set value = 1

After 3-4 weeks suddenly PIN and fingerprint authentication disappeared from login screen,

even i they are correctly enabled in control panel

I tried to disable and enable again fingerprint, without lucky.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Stefano Scalas, Dec 30, 2020
  4. How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?

Fingerprint and pin login not working

After changing my email address on my Microsoft account, the old email address still appears on my Windows 10 sign in screen.

However I find I am now unable to log in with my fingerprint or pin. I can only log in by typing the password. I get this error message:

"You can't sign in to your device right now. Try the last password you used on this device."

I attempted to change the account to a local account and when I do I get this error message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to a local account. Code 0x80004005"

Any suggestions on how to get my Microsoft login to reflect my new email address and restore my ability to log in with fingerprint and pin?

Zac Mutrux, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login?

1. How to disable PIN or Fingerprint login? - Similar Threads - disable PIN Fingerprint

2. How can I disable the login PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable the login PIN?: I bought a laptop for my special needs son and don't want any kind of login username/password or PIN. Right now, there's a pin. I want to disable it. When I followed the instructions for doing so, the 'remove' button for removing the PIN was greyed out....
  3. How can I disable the login PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the login PIN?: I bought a laptop for my special needs son and don't want any kind of login username/password or PIN. Right now, there's a pin. I want to disable it. When I followed the instructions for doing so, the 'remove' button for removing the PIN was greyed out....
  4. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  5. cant login with pin or fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant login with pin or fingerprint: Hello, I bought a new laptop a few days ago. Everything works normally when i set a fingerprint or a pin and it works normally when it wwant authentication on a mirosoft store, but my login to windows does not work. pin login is not displayed at all and when i try use the...
  6. Disable PIN login

Disable PIN login: I want to remove PIN login, I just want to use my password. No, I can't just remove it from settings. The text under 'Windows Hello PIN' in settings says: "This option is currently unavailable–click to learn more" despite the fact that I just logged in using the pin. The...
  7. Pin fingerprint login but no account no network

Pin fingerprint login but no account no network: I was not able to log on to laptop w fingerprint nor pin. Was able to log on with microsoft account password. it does not have available networks, no internet it does not have account info where i could reset pin I have added a local account with password and security...
  8. How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?: I've had this PC for a few months now after having a MacBook. On the MacBook, I could make it so I could completely bypass a login screen and never have to enter a password when the computer went to sleep or was closed. I can't turn this off on my PC. I've tried used the...
  9. How to disable Window 10 PIN login

How to disable Window 10 PIN login: I accidentally left my Surface Pro 5 at the airport and it was stolen earlier in the week. Is there any to disable the 4 digit PIN password? I am concerned that the person who stole it can simple try all combinations 0000-9999 and will eventually get into my computer. I...
  10. login pin keyboard disabled

login pin keyboard disabled: I am unable to login using my PIN. Nothing I type appears on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-keyboard-disabled/3945eace-c204-4293-bf71-40ccb35f75ad"