Windows 10: How to Disable Plugins in Edge

Discus and support How to Disable Plugins in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; CCeaner reports 4 plugins enabled in Edge. But, when I click select Extensions form the menu it shows no active plugins. Am I missing something??... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Jun 14, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

How to Disable Plugins in Edge

CCeaner reports 4 plugins enabled in Edge.

But, when I click select Extensions form the menu it shows no active plugins.

Am I missing something??

James

:)

JamesJoey, Jun 14, 2018

2. IrfanView + Plugin Pack

I'd suggest IrfanView + Plugin Pack (I've used it for ~10 years).

It lets you:
    • View images (multiple formats)
    • View videos (multiple formats)
    • Listen to audio (multiple formats)
    • Read txt & pdf files (probably other types too)
    It's is one of the first programs I install in my Windows OS installs.

lehnerus2000, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 15, 2018
  4. How to Disable Plugins in Edge

Adobe flash player plugin has crashed

Can you please confirm that you followed the original suggestion to cleanly remove and then reinstall Flash Player, as suggested in Reply #5?

If you have done that and have disabled hardware acceleration, then the next steps might be to try some of the suggestions here:

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

How to Disable Plugins in Edge

1. How to Disable Plugins in Edge - Similar Threads - Disable Plugins Edge

2. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  3. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...
  4. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable Multicast in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to disable Multicast in Edge?: I have tried all media router flags, webrtc, etc, but no luck. Edge still tries to connect to 239.255.255.250. I have disabled Multicast in Windows ("EnableMulticast"="0") and it went quiet, now to shut up Edge. 180100
  6. Plugins

Plugins: Hi I installed all Windows Media player plugins in Windows 10 that I could find on Microsoft Website yesterday. Some are good... Others not or gets blocked by defender from accessing some folders and gets disabled. I can not remove them from the options menu and plugins...
  7. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  8. How to Disable Try Edge and other Microsoft Edge Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Try Edge and other Microsoft Edge Notifications: I`m trying to solve " ""I`m trying to solve " ""How to Disable Try Edge and other Help Microsoft Notifications"", but Get tips and tricks are already disabled and they still take over my Firefox browser. At times Windows help will appear when i start the computer and a push...
  9. How to disable Edge

How to disable Edge: I would like to disable Edge. Everytime I open my computer, Edge opens and displays Bing. I don't want to use Edge or Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/how-to-disable-edge/2a99ad5b-237e-4b20-ad0a-20d731d5ee0a
  10. plugins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    plugins: I got a message when I wanted to watch an episode that "This plugin is not supported". Where do I get free download for plugin for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/plugins/54bded07-8cda-4f72-985c-6272cd2c8326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge plug-ins

2. edge plugins remove

3. microsoft edge show addons

4. how to remove plugins edge,
  5. add plugins to edge,
  6. how to disable plugins ms edge,
  7. disable edge plug in,
  8. disable edge flash plugins gpo,
  9. disable microsoft plugins,
  10. disable plugins edge,
  11. edge disable plugins,