Windows 10: How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and am having a difficult time disabling the powershell. *Banghead This is something that I never use and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wen5505, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Wen5505 Win User

How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home?

Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and am having a difficult time disabling the powershell. *Banghead This is something that I never use and the reason I want to disable it is to prevent it from popping up when the computer is started. I have googled how to disable it, but nothing I'm finding is working to stop the powershell screen from showing. I am including some screenshots of information from my computer, I'm not sure all of what may be needed to provide the answer(s) I'm looking for. So please, if something is missing let me know what it is and I will do my best to provide the information. The Windows Version Number is: 1903 (OS Build 18362.720).

Attachment 274565

How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home? [​IMG]

The Add/Remove Programs doesn't show anything about the powershell, so I can't uninstall it from there.

The Uninstall Updates section also doesn't show the powershell.

In the Windows Features section, it shows Windows Powershell 2.0 (the blue powershell screen says it's version 1.0)

I'm confused as to which powershell is really on the laptop, so that isn't helping me any. *Sad If responses include things I need to do with scripts - please give very specific/detailed instructions on how to use them. I know nothing about them.

It's very late here (or early, depending upon your perspective *Tongue ), so I will check for responses several hours from now. I am going to sleep now. *Sleep Good night and thank you in advance for the help.

:)

Wen5505, Apr 15, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    [Script] Windows 10 TNBT (The next big Tweak) v6.5.6 -official thread-

OneMoar, Apr 15, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

I will have to agree, as when i upgraded the fixes work and now i am using a clean install none of them work except onedrive.

AsRock, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable powershell in Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - disable powershell Home

2. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home: I accidentally activated FIPS on one of my home networks, part of a linksys router and I need help disabling it. The registry says FIPS isn't enabled....
  3. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home: I accidentally activated FIPS on one of my home networks, part of a linksys router and I need help disabling it. The registry says FIPS isn't enabled....
  4. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  6. How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Webcams are typically small cameras that sit on a desk, attach to a user’s […] This article How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 comes with a pre-installed PowerShell cross-platform tool. This is a very important […] This article How to disable PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home?: How to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home? I want to uninstall a few games and to prevent the games being installed by Microsoft Store. Searching for a solution, I find that people recommend using gpedit.msc to do this. But it is not in Win 10 Home. Group Edit...
  9. Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?: Hi, I'm in the middle of investigation this problem (link below) and I need disable Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error/49b31254-6a5d-4e97-aec4-136edf46cfcc?tm=1562226760320 Currently the...
  10. how to disable powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable powershell: I unticked it in windows features, but if I type "powershell" in search box, I get two versions of it, and they both execute. So how do I disable this thing? While we are at it, how can I disable other exploitable processes that the standard Windows user doesn't need?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete powershell from win 10