Windows 10: How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail?

Discus and support How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Just recently while I've been making emails in outlook I'll get some grey text that appears in front of the characters I've actually typed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rashane Thapa, Jul 13, 2020.

1. How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail?

Hi,

Just recently while I've been making emails in outlook I'll get some grey text that appears in front of the characters I've actually typed out and there is a little tab key icon at the end of the greyed text that completes the sentence with the greyed out suggested text included if I press tab. I was wondering how to turn off this predictive text feature when typing? I think an odd sign-out situation occurred recently where my original settings for outlook were returned to the default, which then started this annoying phrase guessing feature. I've disabled text suggestions on my laptop settings but I still have get the text suggestions on outlook mail. Settings for outlook itself hasn't shown anything that might control predictive text either, so I'm not sure how to turn the feature off.

Thanks

:)

Rashane Thapa, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Rickaby Win User

Lumia 640 - predictive text not showing when keying texts and emails

Hi,

I have a MS Lumia 640 (new). I am a longtime owner of smart phones (4) and this is my 2nd Lumia.

On this new phone when keying messages for texting or emailing the usual line of predictive text suggestions is not coming up
    at all. From experience with my previous phones this feature is just there when I have started using the new phone. It has not required an adjustment of settings to get it displaying. My wife has the same Lumia 640 and it brings up the predictive
    text suggestions in both contexts.

I suspect that something must have gone wrong in the setup (the setup for this new phone did not go through the routine I remember from before). The setup did not transfer the arrangements I had on my previous Lumia phone (which has been my experience -
    I believe this comes from the Backup in OneDrive). I therefore have had to find out what is missing on the new phone and painstakingly get everything back an app at a time and then rearrange my start screen all over again.

Any suggestion as to where the predictive text suggestions data comes from? Is it from the phone or the text & email applications? I am using the text facility that comes with the phone and using Google & Microsoft
    Account for emails.

Rick

Rickaby, Jul 13, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address

You can just click on the "X" when they appear.

I (failed to) send a message to "L: [email protected]" and it was added to the auto-complete list (not contacts). You can delete this address by clicking on the X when it appears composing a new message.

How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail? [​IMG]

Is that what you mean?

There are instructions for copying the auto-complete list here Import or copy the Auto-Complete List to another computer - Outlook but I don't know about editing it.

4. How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail?

predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps below and check if predictive text can be turned back on.

• Navigate to Settings > Keyboard and
    • Select the desired language.
    • Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail?

1. How to Disable Predictive Text Feature When Composing Emails in Microsoft Outlook Mail? - Similar Threads - Disable Predictive Text

2. When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...: When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature? For instance, when I type the letter "d" I want "Dominic" to be listed as a prediction....
  3. When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature?...: When using the on-screen-keyboard, is there a way to program the "Text Prediction" feature? For instance, when I type the letter "d" I want "Dominic" to be listed as a prediction....
  4. How to housekeep the List of Emails that pops up when composing a new email ?

How to housekeep the List of Emails that pops up when composing a new email ?: HI,Will be grateful if someone could advise.When composing an email, upon entering the first letter in the "To" addresse data field, Hotmail/Outlook will display a list of email accounts that is similar to the first letter one has input.For me, this list is outdated and...
  5. Text Predictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Predictions: Hi there Since Windows 10 v1803 we have had the option to "Show text suggestions as I type" and "Autocorrect words as I type" for hardware keyboard. I have enabled these options however when testing it works fine in Notepad, Wordpad and stick Notes however it does not work...
  6. Compose Email App

Compose Email App: When I am composing an EMail and I enter a letter in the TO: line I get many more people than are in my contact list. How do I just get my contact list only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compose-email-app/480011c7-b6a4-48ae-8564-ed0822ad3b1f
  7. Text prediction

Text prediction: I have turned all typing prediction options on in settings, but i am still unable to see any prediction options when working in Office 365 WordOnline in Edge... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-prediction/a6c39623-a01b-431b-8ecc-5c6dcaa0e1a8
  8. Add words to text prediction.

Add words to text prediction.: You can apparently add words to the personal dictionary for Android devices .... the procedure for doing it is published. My Q is... why is it not possible for users like myself, who sometimes type with a mouth op mouse on the OSK on my laptop, able to do it? We need to be...
  9. Predictive Text

Predictive Text: My predictive text and other keyboard features seem to have vanished from my phone and I cannot see why. They are all ticked as being on within the phone's settings but they are not on when texting. Any help will be gratefully received....
  10. Predictive Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Predictive Text: Hello All, is there any way I can get predictive text on my desktop computer ? 77978