Windows 10: How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.

Discus and support How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I try to print a word document, it instead opens up the Print to File menu. There's a checkbox in the printer drop down menu that enables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chicken_questionmark, Sep 26, 2019.

1. How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.

Every time I try to print a word document, it instead opens up the Print to File menu. There's a checkbox in the printer drop down menu that enables Print to File, but it isn't enabled, and it doesn't matter whether or not i check the box, it always Prints to File. I tried printing out pictures and webpages as well, and the same Print to File menu keeps popping up, despite me disabling the Print to File option. The printer I'm trying to print to is set as the default printer, and it's connected and everything seems alright, so I don't know where else to look in order to fix this.

:)

chicken_questionmark, Sep 26, 2019

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Sep 26, 2019
  4. How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.

1. How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer. - Similar Threads - disable Print File

2. How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?: My printer has started to print a final page after my document has finished printing. It appears to be the file configuration; i.e, Filename, Directory, Template, Author, Creation Date, etc. How can I stop this file configuration from printing? It does so automatically. Thank...
  3. How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop my printer from printing the file configuration?: My printer has started to print a final page after my document has finished printing. It appears to be the file configuration; i.e, Filename, Directory, Template, Author, Creation Date, etc. How can I stop this file configuration from printing? It does so automatically. Thank...
  4. Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...: I have tried everything to get my printer working. It shows my Wi-Fi is not connected. I tried getting it up, but that wouldn't work. I don't need Wi-Fi, I just need to get my printer working....
  5. Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...: I have tried everything to get my printer working. It shows my Wi-Fi is not connected. I tried getting it up, but that wouldn't work. I don't need Wi-Fi, I just need to get my printer working....
  6. Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My printer is not printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer is not printing: I am not able to print anything after getting recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-printing/56586776-2dc0-4ec6-a5a7-792c75bc8df4
  8. can not get the printer to print

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not get the printer to print: I changed my wifi password today I had to change the paasword in my computer to match the password do I to do anything to my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-get-the-printer-to-print/0afa704f-dd87-42b0-99fe-a12ff11fef5e
  9. My Printer will not print

My Printer will not print: I have a HP serial number CN1B22500Z with a product # CQ877A and I cannot get it to print. It says please load tray, tray IS loaded with paper, it is connected to the internet and it will not print a test paper....
  10. My printer will not print -

My printer will not print -: Hello my printer will not print. It states "my printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem" 0x8007007e can someone please help me fix this, thanks. Nikki...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i turn off print to file in word 10