Windows 10: How to Disable Recent in Search

Discus and support How to Disable Recent in Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] [Original Title: start menu]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by hamedsadighi, Sep 17, 2019.

1. How to Disable Recent in Search

Hi...how can i disable this recent item? How to Disable Recent in Search 53ad08f8-426f-4a4f-b6a8-ca2446b65e1c?upload=true.png

[Original Title: start menu]

:)

hamedsadighi, Sep 17, 2019

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      How to Disable Recent in Search a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

How to Disable Recent in Search

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

How to Disable Recent in Search 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

How to Disable Recent in Search

1. How to Disable Recent in Search - Similar Threads - Disable Recent Search

2. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  3. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  4. How to disable Recent Search icon History in Windows 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Recent Search icon History in Windows 11 Taskbar: [ATTACH]Windows 11 shows the recent search history when you hover your mouse cursor over the Taskbar search icon. If you do not want the Search icon to show your recent search history, you can disable it. This guide will help you learn how to enable and disable the recent...
  5. How to disable recent files in search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable recent files in search box: Further to Duavago's question and solution here where he found how to disable the app history within the search box, I have discovered this only works for Pro versions since gpedit.msc is completely absent in Home versions. I did a bit of digging and found a solution as...
  6. How to disable the display of recent searches in Windows 10's Search Box

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the display of recent searches in Windows 10's Search Box: When you run a search on Windows 10, you can do so using the Start Menu or the dedicated search box if it is displayed. Both search options use the same Windows Search component to display search results to the user, but the front page of the services differ. The Start Menu...
  7. How to disable safe search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable safe search: Disable safe search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-disable-safe-search/117ad373-0262-4d0b-a4d2-105eafc5b67b
  8. How to disable or delete recently closed or recent activity in search window

in Cortana
    How to disable or delete recently closed or recent activity in search window: [IMG] Data persists even when I delete programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-or-delete-recently-closed-or-recent/8256dbdc-6b3a-4b2e-ab5c-7e2a32716d29"
  9. How To Disable Recent Files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Recent Files?: Hello. How to disable that? When i open something (folder, files, pictures, etc....) it's automatic added to the recent files. And i saw everytime when i right click folder icon at taskbar. Any1 know the solutions? Thanks. Edit: After the updated 10586. I disabled...
  10. how to disable MUSIC search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to disable MUSIC search: Hi all, occassionally my PC slows down and in the process viewer I can see MUSIC taking good share of CPU time. I have a lot of music on my disc, but I do not want Win10 cares about as I play it and manage with different programs. How do I disable this unwanted help from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I prevent windows 10 from offering lots of recent files when I want to attach to an email