Windows 10: How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to disable access to removable storage devices and ports in a […] This article How to disable Removable Storage classes and access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 26, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 26, 2020

2. Password Protect for USB port.

Hi,

I will certainly help you in password protecting of USB port.

Please follow the steps:

• Open Run command (Windows logo key + R key) and type
      gpedit.msc

• Click on computer configuration > administrative templates > system > removable storage access

• Double click on All Removable Storage classes: Deny all access and enable it.
    Note: If you enable this policy setting no access is allowed to any removable storage class. If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, write and read accesses are allowed to all removable storage classes.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with windows 10.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2020
  4. How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10

Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices

Prevent users from writing or reading files and folders for a removable drive.

Code:
    *ArrowEnable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows

FreeBooter, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10

1. How to disable Removable Storage classes and access in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable Removable Storage

2. How to programmatically disable snap for a window class

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to programmatically disable snap for a window class: I have a MDI application and on Windows11 I have Snap enabled. Works fine with one oddity. If I do not have my application's MDI document maximized, when I move over the maximize button, the Snap window appears. I can click and entry and my application Snaps not the MDI child...
  3. How to programmatically disable snap for a window class

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to programmatically disable snap for a window class: I have a MDI application and on Windows11 I have Snap enabled. Works fine with one oddity. If I do not have my application's MDI document maximized, when I move over the maximize button, the Snap window appears. I can click and entry and my application Snaps not the MDI child...
  4. How to Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10: Storage Sense is a native feature of Windows 10 that can help you gain disk space by removing temporary files, deleting files stored in Recycle Bin, etc. You can easily configure and use Storage Sense to free up space on your Windows 10 PC. For those who don’t use this...
  5. Cannot block removeable storage access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot block removeable storage access: I'm having no success blocking access to removable storage for one of our domain's AD security groups. The setting for our Default Domain Policy is left unconfigured--that is, User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Removable Storage Access: All Removable...
  6. How to allow direct access to Removable Storage in Remote Sessions on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow direct access to Removable Storage in Remote Sessions on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you often allow others to access your computer as the remote computer and you want to allow direct access to removable storage in remote […] This article How to allow direct access to Removable Storage in Remote Sessions on Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. How to disable or remove Direct Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable or remove Direct Access: We were doing some work on our Remote Desktop settings and it seems to have enabled Direct Access. This seems to have broken IPv4 access to DNS, preventing domain users from being to resolve any host names to IP addresses. We're trying to undo it, but we're not sure how to...
  8. Blocked access to D:\ drive after enabling Policy All Removable Storage classes: Deny all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocked access to D:\ drive after enabling Policy All Removable Storage classes: Deny all...: Hi All, Almost my user is using Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.418). I am expecting to block their USB or Removable Storage. I have created a GPO for blocking Removable Storage Access for a long time and it worked without any issue. The setting of GPO like this:...
  9. Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices: Prevent users from writing or reading files and folders for a removable drive. Code: @Echo Off & Cls net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb Runas & exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=70 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo....
  10. Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows How to Enable or Disable Access to All Removable Storage Devices in Windows Users are allowed read and write access to all removable storage devices they connect to the computer by default in...