Windows 10: How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

Discus and support How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zpoison, Jun 16, 2020.

1. zpoison Win User

How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me
    Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

Because there is no "remove" button (see picture)
    A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do
    Please help!

:)

zpoison, Jun 16, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Jun 16, 2020
  4. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

1. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup - Similar Threads - disable remove PIN

2. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  3. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  4. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot: Hi, I have several local account on my windows 11 PC without password. can i disable log on automatically to the last used account on startup / after reboot?andHow to set logon to specific user account on startup?Regards,Galih....
  6. Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot: Hi, I have several local account on my windows 11 PC without password. can i disable log on automatically to the last used account on startup / after reboot?andHow to set logon to specific user account on startup?Regards,Galih....
  7. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  8. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  9. How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable and remove a PIN via Powershell: Hi All Not a question but an Answer, took me a while to figure out how I could remove and disable a Windows Hello for Business PIN via powershell. It's pretty simple actually, You can disable the PIN with the below two commands. Set-ItemProperty...
  10. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714