Windows 10: How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

Discus and support How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zpoison, Jun 16, 2020.

1. zpoison Win User

How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me
    Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10

Because there is no "remove" button (see picture)
    A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do
    Please help!

:)

zpoison, Jun 16, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Jun 16, 2020
  4. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

1. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup - Similar Threads - disable remove PIN

2. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  3. How to disable pin ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pin ?: I would like to disable pin when I turn on my computer, I only want windows to ask me for pin when I lock the screen. Found the solution here https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/sign-in-user-account-automatically-at-windows-10-startup.6799/ submitted by /u/peyoteftw...
  4. How to enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Enhanced startup PINs for BitLocker permits the use of characters including uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, numbers, and spaces. This policy setting is applied when you turn on BitLocker for the OS drive. In this post, we will show you [...] This...
  5. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  6. How to disable the pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable the pin: How do you disable the login on the pin at startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-pin/09eec760-5a7b-4d65-80e5-f7139b87a129"
  7. How can i enable PIN logon

How can i enable PIN logon: My pc for some reason has stopped asking for my PIN when I start the computer/restart. How can I re activate or enable this? In the Group Policy I have gone to; Computer Config>Administrative Templates>System>Logon I have the "Turn on convenience pin sign-in" enabled and...
  8. Avoiding logon at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avoiding logon at startup: I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step. What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the...
  9. How to remove PIN

How to remove PIN: Just installed W10. How do I fix it so when I turn computer on, I don't have to enter a PIN number? 106707
  10. How to disable Startup Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Startup Settings?: Hi, at every boot/restart, I am presented with Startup Settings, I have to press Enter to continue. *Mad How to get rid of it, please? I needed to go to safe mode, so I used msconfig, ever-since I have this. 43380