Windows 10: How to disable requests to set up a PIN?

Discus and support How to disable requests to set up a PIN? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop the repeated requests for me to establish a PIN?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricPittenger, Oct 3, 2018.

1. How to disable requests to set up a PIN?

How do I stop the repeated requests for me to establish a PIN?

:)

EricPittenger, Oct 3, 2018

2. How to disable pin request

Temporarily setup the pin the remove it after setup using the following steps:

After setting up the PIN and arriving at the desktop...

Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Under PIN, click 'I forgot my PIN'

Enter the password associated with your Microsoft account followed by OK.

On the next page, click Cancel and no new PIN will be added.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

How to disable requests to set up a PIN?

Eliminate continual request for Picture or PIN as sign in

Hello Elaine,

Setting up a PIN is is good, however if you don't want to be asked to setup a PIN or Picture password, I suggest that you try these steps below:

• When you're on the login screen, click on the icon on the right under the Sign in.
    • After clicking, enter your password as usual.
    • The request for PIN or Picture should disappear.

It may seem to be a workaround but I also suggest that you submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what's causing it
    and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press +
      Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response ( it will look like
      https://aka.ms/<unique link> ).

Let us know if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

How to disable requests to set up a PIN?

1. How to disable requests to set up a PIN? - Similar Threads - disable requests set

2. How to set up pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up pin: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. is on my screen, when I click to set my pin up it brings me to a window saying I need to download an app from the microsoft store, when I click that nothing happens. When I try to go to advanced...
  3. How to set up pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up pin: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. is on my screen, when I click to set my pin up it brings me to a window saying I need to download an app from the microsoft store, when I click that nothing happens. When I try to go to advanced...
  4. How to set up pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set up pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin.: Hi so before I can get to homescreen i have to put my pin in.But , it says Something happened and your PIN isint available. Click to set up your PIN again. All fine bit when I press it it throws me back at the sam screen again and i have tried the safe restart thing.Any help...
  6. How to disable the start up backup request?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the start up backup request?: Hi everyone, I've a problem with Windows 11 insistence. When I've installed Win 11, right before loading the desktop on the boot up, I was asked to connect my pc to microsoft cloud maybe OneDrive? to backup every file in my pc. I didnt' want to and I never did. The option I...
  7. How to disable the start up backup request?

How to disable the start up backup request?: Hi everyone, I've a problem with Windows 11 insistence. When I've installed Win 11, right before loading the desktop on the boot up, I was asked to connect my pc to microsoft cloud maybe OneDrive? to backup every file in my pc. I didnt' want to and I never did. The option I...
  8. Setting up a pin

Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  9. Setting up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  10. How to disable password and pin request?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable password and pin request?: I updated to the latest Windows 10 version 2004. Before this update, I could disable PIN in the settings. But I cannot find this function now. I don’t want to change registry....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cancel the PIN set up requests

2. stop setup pin notice

3. how do I stop from getting a request to setup a pin to login