Windows 10: How to disable rotation lock?

Discus and support How to disable rotation lock? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to enable rotation lock but the option is greyed out. Following solutions I tried were to restart as well as temporarily put the computer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Dec 27, 2019.

1. How to disable rotation lock?

I'm trying to enable rotation lock but the option is greyed out. Following solutions I tried were to restart as well as temporarily put the computer in portrait.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Dec 27, 2019

2. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

Thanks for the reply. I made the registry changed described in option 4. I'm not sure if that helped, it makes sense that s/b enabled in the registry for auto-rotation to work, but it seems like display rotation setting gets set to "locked" when the ymc service is running. If I restart it, when the service is trying stop, the rotation lock setting becomes enabled and I can change it. But, the moment service is running again, rotation lock is spontaneously turned on, and the control on the page to toggle this setting becomes grayed out/disabled, and I can't turn off rotation lock.

I've set the startup type for the ymc service to "manual". I guess I could disable it, but I'm not sure what that might do. I guess that service disables the keys when in tablet mode, not sure what else.

pseudoware, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Hi Glegsglaw,

If Rotation Lock is grayed out or missing on your device, sometimes you just need to rotate it to portrait mode.

Turn on portrait mode on your device

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.

Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.

Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

If this won't work, please check this article for further suggested steps:

https://windowsreport.com/rotation-lock-grayed-...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information that might solve your current issue.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if this helped you out.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Dec 27, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

How to disable rotation lock?

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      How to disable rotation lock? [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How to disable rotation lock?

1. How to disable rotation lock? - Similar Threads - disable rotation lock

2. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  3. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  4. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation lock: I have an inspiron 11 3000. How do you remove the rotation lock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/88ab1fcf-c528-4289-a8db-545592ca7a9d
  5. rotation lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    rotation lock: I'm interested in enabling the detaching tablet to rotate orientation from Landscape to Portrait. The rotation lock -under 'Settings', as per 'Help'- won't allow that. Why?...
  6. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation lock: Hello, I have a 360 HP laptop, windows 10, and it just stopped rotating and turning into tablet mode when i change it's position. When I go to the action center, the rotation lock is all of the sudden greyed out, and when I checked tablet mode's settings, the "Make Windows...
  7. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling": Hello Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off. Basically I want so that computer NEVER decides if rotation lock should be on or off and I always need to decide if its on or off. [ATTACH]...
  8. rotation lock

rotation lock: How do I set the rotation lock off? currently, when I flip my computer around it does not automatically rotated the view on my display on the screen of my computer. I want it to automatically rotate and it does not. Currently when I access: settings, display, the option...
  9. Rotation Lock

Rotation Lock: I am using a HP pavilion x360 with Windows 10 preinstalled. Today the Windows 10 auto updated. After this update the rotation key is greyed out and the rotation on my system does not work. I have seen some posts with similar problems but none seem to have been answered by...
  10. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rotation lock open