Windows 10: How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This post will guide you on how to disable the Save Password option in Microsoft Edge using Registry Editor. Microsoft Edge is among the popular web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10

This post will guide you on how to disable the Save Password option in Microsoft Edge using Registry Editor. Microsoft Edge is among the popular web browsers and comes with a built-in Password Manager. If you use Edge, you might have seen a popup asking you to save your password when you log into your account on a particular website.

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 disable-save-password-in-edge-500x357.png

The Password Manager in Edge and other web browsers provide convenience to the users while signing into their accounts. If you do not want the Save Password popup to appear every time you log into your account on a particular website on Edge, you can disable it. For this, you simply have to toggle the ‘Offer to save passwords‘ button in settings. But this method has a disadvantage that any other person can enable it again. Is there any way to disable the Save Password option in Edge permanently? Yes. You can do so by using the Registry Editor.

Disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor

You can use Registry Editor in Windows 10 only if you are logged in as an Administrator. Before you begin, it is advised to backup the Windows Registry. Follow the below-listed steps to disable the Save Password option permanently.

1] Press ‘Win + R‘ keys to launch the Run dialog box. Type ‘regedit‘ and click OK. It will open the Registry Editor. If you get a User Account Control prompt window, click Yes.

2] In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 disable-save-password-in-edge-1-500x420.png

You can also copy the above path and paste it into the address bar of the Registry Editor and hit Enter. Expand the ‘Microsoft‘ key and check whether it has an ‘Edge‘ subkey or not. If not, create a new one. To do this, right-click on the Microsoft key and go to ‘New > Key.’ Name this key as Edge.

Read: Is it safe to Save Passwords in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser?

3] Select the newly created Edge key, right-click on the right side and go to ‘New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.’

Name the value as PasswordManagerEnabled.

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 disable-save-password-in-edge-2.png

4] By default the PasswordManagerEnabled is set to zero. If not, double click on it and enter the value 0 in the Value data box. Click OK to save it.

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 disable-save-password-in-edge-3.png

Now, close the Registry Editor and launch the Edge browser. Go to ‘Settings > Passwords.’ You will see that the ‘Offer to save passwords‘ button is disabled and locked. If you don’t see any changes, restart your computer. However, the restart was not required in my case.

After disabling this feature permanently, no one can use the Password Manager in Edge.

That’s it. Let us know if you have any questions.

Related posts:

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 disable-save-password-in-edge.png
    This article How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 19, 2021
  2. Anton.U Win User

Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.

Hello steve_1ip,

Can you try these other solution?

Step 1: Open Registry Editor in your Windows 10. Press Windows logo key to focus on the Search bar, type in regedit, then, press Enter.

Step 2: Navigate to the following registry key, see how to directly get to any registry key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft Edge\Main

Step 3: On the right-pane of the Main folder, double-click FormSuggest Passwords option to modify its value.

Step 4: Set its value data as yes. Here yes means turn on this feature.

Check if it now offering to save passwords.

You're response is highly appreciated. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Keep safe always.

Sincerely,

Antonio

Anton.U, May 19, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, May 19, 2021
  4. How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10

Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 19, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10

1. How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable Save Password

2. How to use Microsoft Editor in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Microsoft Editor in Edge: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to use Microsoft Editor in Edge. Microsoft Editor is an AI-powered writing assistant, just like Grammarly. It was initially developed by Microsoft to offer spelling, grammar, and style correction suggestions in Word and Outlook. Later,...
  3. How to disable Widgets in Windows 11 using Registry or Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Widgets in Windows 11 using Registry or Group Policy Editor: [ATTACH]With the introduction of Windows 11, a lot of new features have come in Windows OS. We get Snap layouts, redesigned taskbar, Start menu, and many other new features in Windows 11. One of such features is the Widgets menu. While some users find it useful, others don’t...
  4. How to disable Camera using Group Policy or Registry Editor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Camera using Group Policy or Registry Editor on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Privacy is the most important factor in our current online world! I have privacy concerns or for some other reason you do not use the camera on your Windows 10 device, you can follow the instructions in this post to completely disable the camera on your PC at the...
  5. Disable Web Capture in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Web Capture in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10: Microsoft Edge brings a Web Capture feature using which you can capture a selected area of a webpage or capture a full webpage by taking a scrolling screenshot and save it as a JPEG image. Though the feature is good, many users use other screenshot capture tools or prefer...
  6. Disable Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10: Developer tools (or Microsoft Edge DevTools) help to perform a lot of tasks within the browser like edit CSS, make changes to the HTML webpage, debug your script or code, etc. There is a good list of DevTools in Microsoft Edge that helps the developers to test and build...
  7. Disable Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10: There is a feature in Microsoft Edge using which you can switch the view mode of tabs from horizontal to vertical view mode. You can add the vertical tabs button via Edge settings and then turn on vertical view mode for tabs. While some users find it useful, others like to...
  8. How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.: Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t. I i’ve scanned my pc with MBAM and windows defender but nothing’s coming up, cleaned any bad or invalid registery and that’s not solved. Also...
  9. Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?: The latest version of "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" dates from early 2014, and the newest version of Windows mentioned is 8.1. I wonder whether anyone has used it successfully on Windows 10 (presumably for local, non-Microsoft, accounts)? 36100
  10. Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...