Windows 10: How to disable Server Service in windows 10?

Discus and support How to disable Server Service in windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to disable Server Service in windows 10? 167881 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineedmoney, Nov 7, 2020.

1. How to disable Server Service in windows 10?

How to disable Server Service in windows 10?

:)

ineedmoney, Nov 7, 2020

2. Is it safe to disable service Server?

Thanks for sharing!

However I was rather interested in that service that has display name Server and service name LanmanServer. I wanted to know if it is safe to disable it and if I do disable it, what else would break that I might not expect to break? I also was curious to know that online lists of services that are safe to disable usually dont mention it, and tutorials on dsabling network shares also usually dont mention that service. That made me ask if there was some good reason for that?

MakeW10Great, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile How to disable Server Service in windows 10? :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Nov 7, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable Server Service in windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable Server Service

2. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  3. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  4. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Services Disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Services Disabled: A lot of my services are disabled, such as Start Menu, Swipe, search, right click on File Explorer and probably lots more. How to fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-services-disabled/c5b05fac-0091-43d6-a31f-6ad77375ec20
  6. How to enable or disable Windows Installer Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Windows Installer Service on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Installer service (msiserver) manages all the installation process of the Windows operating system. […] This article How to enable or disable Windows Installer Service on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to disable Windows Insider Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Insider Service on Windows 10: [ATTACH]All Windows 10 computers include the Windows Insider Service (wisvc) regardless of the participation […] This article How to disable Windows Insider Service on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to disable Windows 10 Service, disable option greyed out, regedit.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Windows 10 Service, disable option greyed out, regedit.: Hi, I would like to disable state repository service in Windows 10 as it serves no purpose (as far as I have tested on my system), the disable option is greyed out, in regedit it does not have the start input other services have that I would change to 4. Would creating a...
  9. Is it safe to disable service Server?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to disable service Server?: Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then...
  10. How to disable Google Update Service in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Google Update Service in Windows 10?: Hello. I am trying to achieve what's said in title. I want to prevent Google Chrome from auto update in order to prevent some of their new features I don't like (new bookmark manager design). I went into msconfig and disabled Google Update Service (GUS), restarted Pc etc. It...