Windows 10: how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

Discus and support how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode. A setting named "Mode Switching" in Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by monororothird, Jun 27, 2019.

1. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode.

A setting named "Mode Switching" in Microsoft Pinyin allows users toggling two modes with their satisified key(s), but none in Microsoft Wubi input method. What should I do to disable toggling with Shift and only allow Ctrl+Space?

:)

monororothird, Jun 27, 2019

2. Is it possible to have Windows 10 remember Chinese input status for each application?

Basically I want to have what windows 7 has in window 10 -- Some of my applications want English input, and the others want Chinese input. When I switch between applications, I want the input method same as when focus is switched away, without the need to
    press any hotkey.

It's what we have in Windows 7. Is it possible to config it in windows 10?

A different question, can we disable "SHIFT" key as toggle of chinese/english input?

VinceX2016, Jun 27, 2019
  3. JanetLuk Win User
    Chinese Punctuation Input in Windows 10

I installed the Chinese language pack as you had suggested. When I turned on Chinese mode in the Chinese input method, I could see the Chinese puntuations on the touch keyboard for input and my problem was solved. Thank you.

JanetLuk, Jun 27, 2019
  4. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

Japanese Input/viewing on Windows Mobile 6.5

After you selected CE-Star as current input panel, if the “中” button at bottom left-corner is in blank, it means current is under Chinese input mode. Otherwise, it means current is under non-Chinese input
    mode. There are two methods to toggle the Chinese and non-Chinese input mode: The first method is tapping the “中” button to toggle the mode. Please note that when switch off Chinese input method in this way, the system
    default auto-complete input method will be activated.

The second method is to press down the Shift key on hardware keyboard, then release it without pressing other keys. With this method, the system default auto-complete input method will not be activated. It is very useful when the user want to
    switch inputting Chinese/Japanese and Western characters.

Here is a pdf you can read that explains it all:

http://ce-star.com/downloads/cestarsuit/wm5usermanual_eng.pdf

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Lead Moderator

Windows Phone Forums

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/phone

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

1. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in... - Similar Threads - disable Shift key

2. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  3. Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling Keyboard input language from english to Polish: I would like to be able to toggle my keyboard input language from english to polish as i am bilingual. I have installed the polish language pack already but when i try to install it again it gets stuck. I tried removing and installing it as well but still can't seem to type...
  4. Changjie keyboard unable to switch input mode from English mode to Chinese mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changjie keyboard unable to switch input mode from English mode to Chinese mode: I am using "Chinese Traditional, Taiwan" in windows 10 Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1348, and I am using "Microsoft Changjie" as my keyboard.In the original design of the Changjie keyboard, input mode can be switched between i.e. English mode and i.e. Chinese mode, so that...
  5. Changjie keyboard unable to switch input mode from English mode to Chinese mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changjie keyboard unable to switch input mode from English mode to Chinese mode: I am using "Chinese Traditional, Taiwan" in windows 10 Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1348, and I am using "Microsoft Changjie" as my keyboard.In the original design of the Changjie keyboard, input mode can be switched between i.e. English mode and i.e. Chinese mode, so that...
  6. How to force Microsoft Pinyin to lock Chinese input mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force Microsoft Pinyin to lock Chinese input mode?: This has been a problem for a long, long time. Like this: How to make the Microsoft Pinyin really default to Chinese 5 years ago! I have tow keyboard: [ATTACH] I have completed the following setup: Microsoft Pinyin Settings: Genneral->Default mode->Choose IME default...
  7. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...: Please note: This is not about changing input methods or keyboards. This is about changing "Modes" within a keyboard. The shift key is really annoying. I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode. A setting named...
  8. How to disable SHIFT(+NONE) hotkey for switching EN/CN mode in Chinese Wubi input method??

How to disable SHIFT(+NONE) hotkey for switching EN/CN mode in Chinese Wubi input method??: I know this is an old question. Someone posted similar questions before. And the support DID NOT GET THE QUESTION. The support give long, tedious, unrelated, takes-forever-to-follow answers and it makes me ANGRY!!! Finally some other USER gave the correct answer... FOR...
  9. How to setup Chinese IME (Zhuyin) with English input mode as default, system-widely?

How to setup Chinese IME (Zhuyin) with English input mode as default, system-widely?: Hi all, I started using Windows 10 recently, and there's a problem bothers me a lot. This issue seems to last for quite a long time since Windows 10 was out. And I know users with other languages might have this problem, too. All I could find online are alternative...
  10. How to setup Windows 10 Chinese IM (Zhuyin) but with English input mode as default,...

How to setup Windows 10 Chinese IM (Zhuyin) but with English input mode as default,...: Hi all, I started using Windows 10 recently, and there's a problem bothers me a lot. This issue seems to last for quite a long time since Windows 10 was out. And I know users with other languages might have this problem, too. All I could find online are alternative...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese english input shift

2. chinese input shift